Swarovski Rangefinder

webber

Mrs.webber has enquired what I would like for christmas?

Having pondered for a while, and then remembering that McF robbed me of a good 25 yards on one of my most excellent longer range shots with the .17HMR, I therefore thought that a range finder would be useful. Having been extremely impressed with the small Swarovski binos that I bought last year, naturally I am looking at Swaro's again.

A quick trawl through the UK internet has revealed that they are available in the UK for a little under £500, which is a lot more than your average rangefinder. So before I assist mrs. webber to spend a wedge of my hard earned wonga. ( I only get pocket money, as I spend it all on silly guns and things that I have to sneak up stairs when shes out shopping, ask McF, he knows). I would appreciate comments from PW members who may own one of these pieces of kit.

webber

Here's one of those very annoying posts from an "I don't own one but" moment which hopefully will soon pass.

Looked through a Swaro RF and a Leica RF out the back of my regular gun shop. I think it was as the light was going. There's no denying the Swaro has brighter glass than a Leica CRF :welcomeani: But I found the Leica easier to use and I liked it's reticle (?) better. The CRF is also a lot smaller than the Swaro I used. Plus my Leica cost me 280 Euro :hmm:

Now, I'll ****** off and let people who actually own the things answer.

I don't own one either :welcomeani:

As they cost a bit of money and PW members are notoriously 'careful' you may not find one that has shelled out.

I have the same Leica as John and think it is superb, I wouldn't pay UK for money for one and luckily didn't have to.

Rangefinders that are too big, like the older Leica's, are so bulky they tend not to get taken out in the field, so become a waste of money.

I havnt got one either!

i use a bushnell which is accurate and cost me a fifth of swaro in the states, the obvious difference will be the clarity and light transmission but isnt the important factor

the accuracy in distance rather than optical quality for such a tool?

I've read some of the reviews on Cabelas, and the general idea is to use them instead of binos, and so save the trouble of 2 pieces of kit?

webber

webber,

i cant see how they build an equal to their binos with a rangefinder chucked in for the

same or lesser price.

i would bet most people use both in the field?

harv

I've read some of the reviews on Cabelas, and the general idea is to use them instead of binos, and so save the trouble of 2 pieces of kit?

webber

Depends I suppose, I wouldn't bring binoculars out foxing but the CRF is always in my pocket. I can see where binos would be of great help stalking, then it might be a good idea to get RF binos?

I have one webber, they are absolutly supurb and will range out to 1500yrds ( not that anyone i know needs to go that far) - i have ranged crows at 750 yrds no problem and this has been proved correct on a couple of occations.

I also use it like a pair of binos whilst out stalking - my advise would be, if you can afford it buy it, as it is the best range finder on the market with super clear optics.