grant shooting gun certificate

nerooo

Hi,i have applied for my sgc on 14 october 08 thame valley police , on 13 november the Fao turn up for interview i have shown him prove to have it,as i mentioned to him that i am BASC member and i am doing some clay shooting with rented gun,so he said it should be fine, thing is i didnt have the gun cabinet instaled when he came for visit then he asked me to get one which i have done it and i rang him up to inform him that the cabinet is ready for check,he didnt say any thing, as i am bit worried when the he ll come for checking the cabinet as it may delay my certificate process, i have other question, do they check the criminal record or any conviction on the computer and doctor check before they send the fire arm enquiry officer for interview or after? and how long do you reckon my certificate shout take to arrive? any help it would be very appriciate it.tahnk you.

Yes they do check on the computer..You should have stated any criminal conviction or caution on your application form, this includes driving convictions.. The FLO said to me they check doctors records at random ,If they find out you have misled them or have withheld information i reckon they'll have your cert revoked in a flash.. If they have issued it!! ..If alls gone ok you should receive it within 8 weeks.mine only took 2 but i know some county's take longer.Good luck

Keep pushing them - they should be able to give you a time & date surely - otherwise how will you know when to be there to let them see it? Call them again and push for an appointment – make it clear that you are trying to help them not to have a wasted trip.

Just a tip - and I am not saying hits is common practice, but there was a case a couple of years ago where an FLO turned up at a certificates home to check on his security arrangements, the guy was not in, but his aged mum was. The flo told the old lady why he was there and asked in the old lady knew where the gun cabinet was- ‘oh yes’ she replied ‘and I know where he keeps the keys if you need them….’ They guy was revoked, not a leg to stand on!

David

If they get to the stage of telling you to fit a cabinet mate all the checks have been done and they are happy.

Obviously they still need to make sure the cabinet is as secure as they require it to be.Once they've checked that, your certificate will go back to the boss for final rubber stamp so to speak,or they will hand it over (as in my case) there and then.

You're now just playing the waiting game.

Mike...

yes excately,this is really what i thought, but you neve know, at least i am happy to hear from you as it make me very happy,and i cant wait to go to the shop and grab the right gun, i m already looking for it, i ll try to contact them tomorow and see if i can arrang an appointment as soon as possible.

i rang the fire arms department today about my application, so they said are waiting for the confirmation of gun safe cabinet installed from the officer (if is been checked) and they told me to ring him up and arrange appointement with him,so i did ring him and he turned up saying he will ring the main office and get them to send my cerrtificate to him and then come around to check the cabinet, and i dont know how long it ll take to arrive after the cabinet check. :yp: :yes:

i rang up the fire are departement today, so they said the certificate has been issued on the 26 november and it ll be posted today and i am still waiting for feo to turn up for cheking the cabinet so i dont know how they could issue a certificate in advance, so i hope i ll get by next week hopfully maybe in 2 months you never know :angry:

as stated,when i applied for licence again after 12 year break,officer came out to cheque but i hadent got a cabinet becouse it was only 5 days after application,he had a look where would be best to put it,then rang me 7 days later to say he had my licence !,so managed to get cab that night rang his mobile he called next day as he was in area,checked cabinet and handed over my licence,less than two weeks from posting to recieving,dyfed powys police :good::angry: