Dryfire practice

canthitathing

I use one for olympic skeet practice. It has made a difference, but it's like joining a gym, you have to put the work in not just own one. I do 300 targets four days a week, that takes about an hour including setup.

Good points: practice anytime or in any weather conditions, coach yourself on your misses (the screen shows the pattern to the nearest millimetre) and a lot cheaper than shooting!

Against, needs practice setting up, I use a spirit level from the pound shop and a piece of 1040mm MDF as a spacer to line it up on the wall in the same place every time (you can cut yours to suit the distance that you are shooting at)

Shoulders and arms will ache every day.

You will still need a coach to fine tune your posture, mount, hold points, etc, etc.

If your doing skeet I suggest the twin head model (I own a single head and I am about to upgrade)

i think theres another post on this somewhere. my dad bought the single headed version and swears by it and has recently upgraded to the 2 headed model, but yeah bloody expensive and like a gym. nothing can beat real practice but it is helping him on crossing birds a remarkable amount, however the limitation seems to come when it tries to recreate an overhead in a room with a 6 foot 8 ceiling....

• 4 weeks later...

Our school/college shooting team has just bought one for practice throught the winter months when we cant get to a ground in time (before sunset)

I take it home most weekends and during holidays mostly to practice my ABT, coincidence or not my scores for ABT have gone from a C class to an A class in 3 months using it whenever possible

Regardless of the discipline it can only help and although the initial price seems quite high, if you work the numbers if you get the whole wammp which will set you back about £900, that would get you at the current prices call it 2500 clays and carts, in the 3 monts we've had it ive shot over 9000 shots at it myself.

Although it is no replacement for the real thing, if you can afford it, i would highly reccomend it