A-tec silencers?

j.stuart

I have three...I like them :good:

I always remove them from the rifle after use, and zero is not affected on refitting.

Sound moderation (In my opinion) is as good as the T8 I used to run on the same rifle (.243).

Although different rifles will moderate differently.

I did hear of one loosening up inside, but that was because the gunsmith that fitted it didn't tighten the

threaded nut up correctly. I always strip mine and studlock the nut in place.

If you're interested PM me and I'll send you the contact details of the lad that imports them.

my mate works for them and sent me one for free the other day but i need my barrell cutting.only got airgun lol but what i have read is that there queter then the t8.

was just wondering as i know i can get more for a better price.

there is a few models i see but not much pops up on a google search to my suprise.

is there many people that import these then?i could get my hands on these regular but im not sure on the prices.

i thought they were expensive but not that expensive.

any one used one on air rifle?i know there centre fire and rim fire silencers but i dont have fac and my plan is to put them on airgun and if i get suitable fac land i will get a few more different models.

thank you all for replies

my mate works for them and sent me one for free the other day but i need my barrell cutting.only got airgun lol but what i have read is that there queter then the t8.

was just wondering as i know i can get more for a better price.

there is a few models i see but not much pops up on a google search to my suprise.

is there many people that import these then?i could get my hands on these regular but im not sure on the prices.

i thought they were expensive but not that expensive.

any one used one on air rifle?i know there centre fire and rim fire silencers but i dont have fac and my plan is to put them on airgun and if i get suitable fac land i will get a few more different models.

thank you all for replies

Why would you put a full bore rifle moderator on an air rifle? They're not exactly loud.To posess a rifle moderator you need a slot on an FAC. As you don't have permission to have a moderator, becaues you don't have an FAC, how can you legally have one?

Not having a dig BTW.

They are over priced **** i wouldn't put one on my gun and browning purchasing three some one seen tou coming :good:

2000+ rounds through my first A-Tec helped make my mind up on the second and third purchases.

No single sound mod will tick ALL the boxes, my preference for the A-Tec was a personal decision, and the second

and third purchases were based on research which included taking advice from a good pal who is a very knowlegable

riflesmith, and did some rather intense testing of different mods.

So no, they didn't 'see me coming', I actually looked them up, which puts a completely different view on things.

Why would you put a full bore rifle moderator on an air rifle? They're not exactly loud.To posess a rifle moderator you need a slot on an FAC. As you don't have permission to have a moderator, becaues you don't have an FAC, how can you legally have one?

Not having a dig BTW.

just to correct you there.if your buying a silencer for any rim fire or fac rifle you need to put it on your ticket.but for a airgun you can have any silencer you like with out fac.

now if i went to the shop and said i want it for a 308 they would ask for my fac but if i said for airgun then they would not.

i did not buy it to put on a air gun.i was given it so thought i would ask peoples views on them and because i dont have a fac rifle i will be putting it on my air rifle as it looks real snazzy lol.

many floors in the law but im sure that if you bought one for your fac rifle but said you was going to use it on airgun then you got stopped by police with it on your fac rifle i think youl get introuble as it wont be on your ticket.

im 100% positive that i am allowed any silencer if im putting it on airgun but if its going on any thing fac it needs to be on a ticket.

hope i cleared that one up.

so mixed opinions then.i guess i will have no problem as its going on airgun :good:

This is so spooky, you need to pm chrisv for his experience of them, we have just come back from the gunsmiths to try and get something sorted out to replace his.

All I will say is this, he is very unhappy with his for 5 reasons;

It isnt very quiet compared to others we have.

Its burning out the baffles after 50 rounds, all four aluminium ones have severe gas cutting and corrosion.

When You Replace the Aluminium baffles with steel ones, it isnt "lightweight" any more.

First time he used it, the internals came apart, completely destroying his accuracy and zero at a bery inoportune moment.

It cost £290

On the plus side, he can fit it to either gun as you can have multiple internal thread adaptors for the spider, BUT OH, erm, if you dont high temp threadlock it together, see point 4.

Chris is too much of a gentleman to slag off a product so openly but I have no such manners. I know he is very unhappy about it and I feel guilty as his previous T8 is silencing my 22BR very nicely at meagre cost to me from him.

Chris,

What cartridge was he shooting through it?

I'm considering an A-tec for my next mod because of the multi-functionality. I was thinking to have one moderator for multiple rifles using the different baffle sets. Sounds like a great idea, but only if it works.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,

Make me an offer then!!

Seriously, I really want to like the A-tec because I like several things about it.

It takes literally seconds to strip the baffles out for cleaning, and they slot back in just as quickly with no lining-up issues.

The external finish is good and looks a lot better than my T8 did.

It's easy to either swap the thread adaptor, or the "spider" it fits in, if you change barrel threads.

Mine is on my 223 Tikka T3 (20" heavy barrel) and has the 30 cal baffles. Barrel length and baffle size may contribute to the poor sound moderation.

Just ask or PM me if you want to know any more.

Chris

The best one for me at the moment is the new wild cat it dose what it says on the tin now your rifle smith will he stand by all the ones that have been sent back because the aluminium has worn away causing the noise level to go up then your told if you going to put a lot of rounds through it get the steel baffles that make it as heavy as lead vibrator :good:

Jesus man, I know I have had my eye off the ball this evening lol but dont let casts by fly make this mistake.

Dont do it.

you are over in east yorkshire arent you casts by fly?

Hi Chris,

Yep, outside of Beverley.

I don't think I'll be buying an A-tec at the moment, so no immediate worries. Like ChrisV said, it all sounds great on paper. But, if it causes more grief than it is worth, then it isn't worth it. It would just be easier for me to stick to one thread size.

Thanks,

Rick