Magnets again !

ditchman

Thanks you boys for your thoughts.....next question, some people switch their magnets on when they see pigeons in the distance, others have them on intermittantly...whatever !

the feedback ive been getting back is when the birds come in some people switch the magnets off as they say it can spook the birds when they get close, others say leave it on !

rekon the lifelike look of the decoys are a part of this......what is your opinon.

cheers for the feedback on the other question...like the answer about setting the magnet at an angle in high crops as it looks like a pigeon jostling about for position.....thats good fieldcraft

regards

ditchman

If i feel i need the magnet out i leave it running all the time , only time i seem to have had birds shy from it is if there is something not quite right , position of it or reflection from an arm etc, and the possibility of they have been shot at over a magnet the day before. Have had birds bomb the magnet, hit it, hover right up to it wondering when the fairground ride came to the field.

Angleing the magnet does work in the right situation especialy when trying to draw birds from a distant flight line, but like everything in this sport different ways on different days , its what makes it more interesting and exciteing.