generous farmer

pete evans

i was ferreting today and one of the rape fields had a huge flock of woodies on it and a very well established flight line ( if id had gun and deeks this would not have happened). Phoned up the farmer to say will be out next weekend but in meantime you should get some gas guns out, he said "do you want me to leave the gas gun off till weekend to improve your chances" i have naturally declined as you have to do a job for these guys if you want to keep your permission. anyone else had such accomadating farmers

pete

On my dad's pheasant shoot (located in steep slopes) when my dad has to carry feeding to the pen which is quite a tough walk, if the farmer is about the farm yard he takes it down in the pick up.

Also a farmer who we shoot foxes for quite regularly gives us bales of straw for bedding and I've lost count of the amount of farmers who have tried to pay us after shooting a fox on their land.

• 3 weeks later...