vehicle window tinting.

Cranfield

I had a trawl round a couple of motor accessory shops yesterday (incl Halfords) and was quite alarmed at the price they want for "cheap" tinting film, plus they recommend you buy a "fixing kit" as well.

Not much change out of £50, so I declined their kind offers.

A tin of black paint may be the answer. :lol:

Have you not got a roll of wallpaper and some paste left from the 1970's ? Everyone has an old roll of wood-chip somewhere...

What about an old set of curtains on a curtain track ? (with some long cord and a pulley system you could remotely open and close them from the front seat.)

What about making a collage from old newspapers and sticking that to the back window ? I would avoid the Sunday Sport though.

How about taking any nick-able stuff indoors ? :lol:

Have you not got a roll of wallpaper and some paste left from the 1970's ? Everyone has an old roll of wood-chip somewhere...

What about an old set of curtains on a curtain track ? (with some long cord and a pulley system you could remotely open and close them from the front seat.)

What about making a collage from old newspapers and sticking that to the back window ? I would avoid the Sunday Sport though.

Woodchip on the windows, curtains at the windows, the Sunday Sport !!!! :lol:

There are the clues Ladies and Gentlemen, the question is........................which County of this fair land does LV hail from ? :lol:

There are no prizes for the correct answer. :lol:

I would like to still use my rearview mirror, although I do have door mirrors ,so its not essential.

The "nickable" stuff is loads of decoying equipment and as I am shooting about 5 days a week, I don't want to keep loading and unloading.

I had actually thought of wallpaper, but I also need the window to open and I thought it might be too thick.

I liked the curtains idea. You may also be able to do a full Laurence Llewelyn Bowen and add Laura Ashley tie backs and some faux wooden beams on the head lining.

In seriousness I would spend the money on proper tinting, anything else you do will look pony.

Woodchip on the windows, curtains at the windows, the Sunday Sport !!!! :lol:

There are the clues Ladies and Gentlemen, the question is........................which County of this fair land does LV hail from ? :lol:

There are no prizes for the correct answer. :lol:

Who's moaning about spending more than tuppence ha'penny on some window film? Do you think the time and money spend trawling round the shops yesterday, looking for a "bargain," could have paid for the cheapest option in the first shop you visited?

I thought Kent was the garden of England, not Steptoe's Yard.

Who's moaning about spending more than tuppence ha'penny on some window film? Do you think the time and money spend trawling round the shops yesterday, looking for a "bargain," could have paid for the cheapest option in the first shop you visited?

I thought Kent was the garden of England, not Steptoe's Yard.

You are quite right, to uphold the reputation of Kent I will sell my right kidney and get some proper tinting film. :lol:

I would like to still use my rearview mirror, although I do have door mirrors ,so its not essential.

The "nickable" stuff is loads of decoying equipment and as I am shooting about 5 days a week, I don't want to keep loading and unloading.

I had actually thought of wallpaper, but I also need the window to open and I thought it might be too thick.

After considerable thought and pondering the problem for most of the day, I believe I have come up with the solution AND it will not involve further expense,

the answer is so simple, you just kennel your hound in the vehicle overnight. :good:

The local lowlife would think thrice about going anywhere near the motor. :good:

Rgds D2D

anyway Mods as this is about 4x4s can we move it to the 4x4 section ?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...st&p=652660

Yes but its not a"real" 4x4 is it?? :good:

Only joking, I mean to each his own after all........ :good: You just cant beat a noisy, smelly, oil dripping Landy... best 4x4 all day long.

Rgds D2D

When dealing with some ****** last summer it looked as if one of them had lashed out on a full set of tinted windows in a rather nice, top of the range Shogun.

On talking to him it appears that a carelessly discarded fag butt had blown back in through the window and set light to the rear seat squab.

He was quite philosophical about it and estimated that, if you let the seat burn fiercely for about three minutes and then extinguish it with a bucket of water you get a lovely and expensive looking smoked glass effect for nothing.