Sako 85

cupra225

I have a t8 on another rifle but was thinking about a wildcat? whats your thoughts?

Many people like the wildcat mods as the are not too heavy and good on noise reduction, personally I think they are just too big in terms of volume.

I use PES t12 Scouts on both my centrefires.

• 1 month later...

may have the opportunity to get a Sako 85 (acutally it's a 75!) Varmint stainless laminate in .223 with a wildcat mod - i take it this is a great piece of kit, as these seem to be rated in other calibres?

how much do you reckon a second hand one in great nick is worth?

Edited by nickbeardo

may have the opportunity to get a Sako 85 (acutally it's a 75!) Varmint stainless laminate in .223 with a wildcat mod - i take it this is a great piece of kit, as these seem to be rated in other calibres?

how much do you reckon a second hand one in great nick is worth?

I have the same rifle .223 stainless laminate varmint Sako75 it is a very nice rifle shoots great and is well finished. But I have to say it is bloody heavy with mod scope bipod etc on, if you are not planning on walking long distances with it then go for it but it may be too heavy for carrying about for a long time.

i can shoot from or near the 4x4 most of the time, so weight isn't too much of an issue - i have to say, it was a lovely piece of kit to get my hands on.

just waiting to hear if i can have it (someone said they were going to buy it, but they've not got back to the chap).

I own two early sakos (2 locking lug versions)both are brilliant guns. In the 75 and 85 not impressed with the location of the top locking lug raceway especially when the bolt is turned down. Not much metal between the case and your face.

Cheers :(

I own two early sakos (2 locking lug versions)both are brilliant guns. In the 75 and 85 not impressed with the location of the top locking lug raceway especially when the bolt is turned down. Not much metal between the case and your face.

Cheers :yes:

has this ever failed?

just interseted not having a go.

Havent heard of any case failures in a 75 or 85, rare these days especially if you shoot factory ammo. Reloads can be a different story. I'd still prefer a lot more metal between my face and a case than provided by this design. Having experienced a failure I choose my actions very carefully.

Cheers :yes: