Garage / Mechanic cost rant.

Tommo

This all a fair point guys, but what we all must remember is that every business has it income ratio to overhead.

Main dealer set up's cost beaucoup money..... I put up a large BMW main dealership in London and the cost was 1 million!!!!.

That is alot of servicing and motors to be sold to get that back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like a points been missed here...don’t know how old this car is but T claims to do 40K+ a year so I guess it could be a 3 years old at least given the 120K service (see my math is improving). Yet he refuses to keep it in good condition??? Maybe the garage were trying it on but a list of things that need doing probably do need doing on a vehicle that runs 40K a year and has done 120K so far. :good:

So T is probably driving a dangerous car which might suit him BUT what about anyone he has an accident with because his brakes or something fail? :no:

And anyone who thinks £140 for a 120K service is dear simply doesn’t know what they are talking about. :good:

Personally I wouldn’t wonder if the garage reported him to local plod for a pull to check the roadworthiness of his vehicle. :D

See Mung is on form on this one!

Mr gubby i agree, I reckon to replace my ( mainly snap-on & blue point ) tools would cost nearly £10000

I can not think of any other trade which has moved so fast and continues to move so fast, what you knew about cars ten years ago is only relevent to ten year old cars, same for five years ago, it's not like a plumber who has may be 3 or 4 differant types of system that have been around since time began (1972 :good: ) each make and model has it's own quirks and each model can be quite differant and will no doubt change next year ( or was it last year :no: )

and gubby i raise your merc gear selector with electronic clutch adjustment :D

Mung,

You a greedy mechanic by any chance??! I dont mind paying - dont get me wrong everyones got to make money to survive - but the base costs bare no relation to the profit made. Shame on them (some should start going bust soon- that'll teach them)

HAHAHAH

:unsure: then has the brains to come out with a comment like this.......if he thinks he's paying too much now watch when they do go bust and is less of them....the price will definately go up :blush::good::yes: