Air rifle for squirrel

cooperman

I've always found .177 better for squizzers in a non-FAC rifle, they are very tough little ******* and the extra penetration of the .177 over .22 made all the difference for me when I was using air rifle...I now use .410 shotgun with light cartridges :oops:

extra penetration with a 177 :good: all my rifles are 22.and when i shoot tree rats,my ammo goes right through them :unsure:

for tree rats accuracy is important,if you can hit a 2p coin every time out to your max range then thats good enough.you also need a wide field of view,i always set my scope to three times magnification.personaly ive found an umarex air magnum perfect for the job once you find the right pellet for the magazine[air arms]

People are right they can be tough little *******. A friend of mine shot one in the neck... got up started to flee so he shot again, hit in the shoulder and it fell. After a second it got up and started off again! Another shot to the chest and it stopped running but it still wasn't dead! So a fourth shot point blank to the head finished him off. That was with a 10.5ftlb .22 springer.

My .177 QB78 Deluxe running 10.74ftlbs had the poor little critters friend only minutes before in one shot to the lower part of the head near the neck where matey's shot hit his first time :no: So thats me set on .177 for squirrels from now on.

Lewis

• 2 weeks later...