Semi-autos: Beretta vs. Benelli

brno223

ok as I have had both maybe i can offer my opinion, i had a berretta urika 2, it was a touch heavy for me and had a dislike for some cartridges, it was a pain to keep clean (and i keep all my guns spotless) with it needing to have a good few parts removed for cleaning, it broke clays with 28g cartridges and only failed to cycle the odd ones, but it was as i say a tad heavy, i sold it and bought a new Benelli M2 and wow, light pointable and a great fit for me, it just felt right, it's a doddle to clean and shoots flat, it has never been "run in" and cycles any and every cartridge I have put through it from 24g to 50g 3" magnum. it has never failed to cycle even 1 shell, it's quick, comfortable and light on recoil, cleaning is just a matter of cleaning the barrel, although it gets a good stripdown every 6 months. it's very well built and despite being my field and clay gun still looks immaculate,(you can see where i'm going here) I have owned this gun longer than any other and I couldn't sell it or swap it for anything, the comfortech stock is well comfortable, for me personally The Benelli's win hands down although technically they are berrettas as they are now owned by them, having owned both makes I would choose my M2 over ANY berretta end off. it depends which feels best to you but for practicallity then the benelli's win every time

Ive got a Benelli Montefeltro and i wouldn't swap it for anything. it shot 28gm fine straight out of the box. I haven't tried anything lighter than 28gm, but everything else i have put through it has cycled fine. Its an absolute doddle to clean and i have put more than a thousand rounds through it between cleanings and it never jams. I have never 'run it in' as such, and if you shoot frequently then it will soon run in without the need to shoot a couple of hundred heavy rounds.

I have never owned a gas op semi auto so i cant personally compare the two op systems but I can assure you that you will have no problems with a Benelli. The internals are so simple they are pretty much foolproof. dismantling and reasembling just takes a minute, dead simple. And the Monte, M2, SBEII and some of the other models have a left handed option. There is also an aftermarket 'sure cycle' spring which can be purchased which will allow you to shoot loads lighter than 28gm.