Dumfries area clays

jef

Evening all,

Heading over to a mate's place in Dumfries for the weekend and will be taking my shotgun in the hope of getting out to the clays at some point.

Can anyone suggest where to go and when? I've found the Burntkettle ground which seems to be off until March. I've also found Thornhill, anyone any information on this ground or any others not on the net??

Thanks

James

p.s. both experienced shots.

Is Westlands really worth going to? The last time we went about 12 months ago only 2/3 of the traps were working.

When it first opened it was a brilliant ground.

Theres new owners there now - since Dec08; Ive ju.st started but was there 2 weeks ago and every trap I was at worked, Give them a phone b4 going

I've checker the westlands website and it turns out I have been there a few years ago to a comp. It doesn't say if it is open all the time though with perhaps a counter system?? Is this the case? Can I turn up any day?

James

I think we are probably going to Thornhill.......

Well we ended up at Westlands. Thornhill is apparently re opening in March after moving their layout. Turns out I had been to Westlands years ago to a 100 bird day. It was quiet so it was fine for a few leisurely shots. Needs some work doing to it though, my counter read 121 for a genuine 100 birds due to tempramental traps.

James

Well we ended up at Westlands. Thornhill is apparently re opening in March after moving their layout. Turns out I had been to Westlands years ago to a 100 bird day. It was quiet so it was fine for a few leisurely shots. Needs some work doing to it though, my counter read 121 for a genuine 100 birds due to tempramental traps.

James

Evening all,

Heading over to a mate's place in Dumfries for the weekend and will be taking my shotgun in the hope of getting out to the clays at some point.

Can anyone suggest where to go and when? I've found the Burntkettle ground which seems to be off until March. I've also found Thornhill, anyone any information on this ground or any others not on the net??

Thanks

James

Morton clay targets Mid Calder www.mortonclaytargets.co.uk

Evening all,

Thanks

James

Morton clay tartgets www.mortonclaytargets.co,uk

James

I was there on Sunday with a mate; 100 clays shot at and counter read 142 due to traps either not firing or broken clays flying out. Explained to them afterwards ans met them half way as we had fired a clay or 2 at each trap to see where it was coming from/going. Dont have any beef and there was no problem; thought it was good value; got 100 clays and 100 carts for £28 (ie £14 each)

New owners in so only fair to give them a bit of time to take advice and get running smoothly.

I`ll defo go back!

I was there on Sunday with a mate; 100 clays shot at and counter read 142 due to traps either not firing or broken clays flying out. Explained to them afterwards ans met them half way as we had fired a clay or 2 at each trap to see where it was coming from/going. Dont have any beef and there was no problem; thought it was good value; got 100 clays and 100 carts for £28 (ie £14 each)

New owners in so only fair to give them a bit of time to take advice and get running smoothly.

I`ll defo go back!

Carts sound cheap!!!! :blink: So why did I pay £12 for 50 birds?? We were told 24pence per clay. You only paid 14 pence per clay.

James