List your plans for the year

Peter De La Mare

Just been scribbling in my year planner all the shoots I want to attend this year.

May is looking busy, why can't they be more evenly spread throughout summer!? :good:

Anyone else planning anything? Anyone shooting anything else I might have missed, anyone going international?

Essex Masters - Hepworth Hall - 22-26 April

English Open - High Lodge - 7-10 May

UK Grand Masters - Southdown - 22-25 May

Essex Club Champs - Arnolds Farm - 25th May

May of London - Howletts Hall - 31 August

British Open - Lakenheath - 3-6 Sept

I thought the same thing, but it's actually a lot easier than you think, and not nearly as intimidating.

It gets even easier after the first one. If you haven't been yet, get to Southdown to experience something like the targets (birds) you'll be presented with. Competition day would probably have even harder (or better depending) birds, but you'll be prepared.

The Essex Masters in April will be a friendly affair, and the May of London shoot as well.

My first 'real' competition was the British Open last year with all the big boys there. I was drinking tea on the table next to Richard Faulds and Ben Husthwaite before it started and I thought 'what the hell I am doing here'. But as soon as I met the rest of the squad and cracked a few **** jokes it was like shooting with friends and made the day really enjoyable, apart from the appalling weather.

I see the entry costs have ALL gone up by 3 quid this year :good: Good to see the CPSA are doing their beat to beat the recession :good: I don't mind so much for the sporting shoots, as they are very enjoyable. But £41 for 100 skeet leaves a raaather sour taste :good:

I should be at the English Sporting in May as I have heard good things of High Lodge, but not sure about Lakenheath.

I would like to do the British/English All Round, but will have to weigh up the logistics what with it being the complete opposite end of the country away.

I will be doing the British Skeet at Bisley though.

I see the entry costs have ALL gone up by 3 quid this year :good: Good to see the CPSA are doing their beat to beat the recession :good: I don't mind so much for the sporting shoots, as they are very enjoyable. But £41 for 100 skeet leaves a raaather sour taste :D

Aye, seeing that all they have to do is unlock the trap house and fill the carousel up with clays £41 is a bit steep. :good:

Southdown has kept the same price for the UK masters as last year, the CPSA are greedy ****. :good:

Fact, and with entries being so low they only need to have four layouts on - therefore - four referees! :good:

I went to the British at Doveridge back in August and while it was faultlessly run, had absolutely no atmospher about it whatsoever. It's sad when the place is more buzzing on a sunday morning registered than at a British Championship :good:

Hopefully the weather will be kinder this year and the shoots will be good though! Are you coming up for the England selection at Coniston Peter - that will be a real man's shoot! :good:

I thought the same thing, but it's actually a lot easier than you think, and not nearly as intimidating.

It gets even easier after the first one. If you haven't been yet, get to Southdown to experience something like the targets (birds) you'll be presented with. Competition day would probably have even harder (or better depending) birds, but you'll be prepared.

The Essex Masters in April will be a friendly affair, and the May of London shoot as well.

My first 'real' competition was the British Open last year with all the big boys there. I was drinking tea on the table next to Richard Faulds and Ben Husthwaite before it started and I thought 'what the hell I am doing here'. But as soon as I met the rest of the squad and cracked a few **** jokes it was like shooting with friends and made the day really enjoyable, apart from the appalling weather.

Have to see if i can persuade some of my "newbie" mates to do one or two of them :):)

Edited by Bigweed

Hopefully the weather will be kinder this year and the shoots will be good though!

Are you coming up for the England selection at Coniston Peter - that will be a real man's shoot! :)

You can say that again about the weather. BO at Southerni Counties was the worst conditions, ever. UK Masters were almost too hot, but I survived.

England selection? For skeet or sporting? I know nothing about that....where's the info? :)

Go for it Pete, you never know, you might get lucky. :)

I'll be doing all of those you listed apart from the Essex Club Champs and the May of London Do, and I'll probably do all of the England Team shoots as well.

I'm also doing the European FITASC Champs in Picardy in mid July, and probably also the Belgian Compact Sporting Grand Prix sometime in May.

Looking forward to a busy year. :)

Cat.

:)

Just been scribbling in my year planner all the shoots I want to attend this year.

May is looking busy, why can't they be more evenly spread throughout summer!? :)

Anyone else planning anything? Anyone shooting anything else I might have missed, anyone going international?

Essex Masters - Hepworth Hall - 22-26 April

English Open - High Lodge - 7-10 May

UK Grand Masters - Southdown - 22-25 May

Essex Club Champs - Arnolds Farm - 25th May

May of London - Howletts Hall - 31 August

British Open - Lakenheath - 3-6 Sept

Do you fancy giving this a go ( Morton Clay Targets )

------------------------

Scotish skeet open championship 2nd August

The morton skeet Classic 1st August cash prizes last year over £3.000 last year

Friday 31st skeet doubles

:good:

Do you fancy giving this a go ( Morton Clay Targets )

------------------------

Scotish skeet open championship 2nd August

The morton skeet Classic 1st August cash prizes last year over £3.000 last year

Friday 31st skeet doubles

Thanks, but I'm not really into Skeet that much. :blink:

....and Scotland is a bit out of my acceptable travelling distance for a competition.