Newby

Mec 9000

Just retired from work and found this site. Enjoy pigeon decoying and am a member of a small Pheasant syndicate. Can't remember the last time I bought a shotgun cartridge as I reload all my own and have done for over 20 years hence the name Mec 9000 as it's the machine I use.

Hope to enjoy reading and contributing to the forum.

Gerry

Welcome Mec, do you save much money reloading your own? i have a 16 bore and i find the cartridges a little expensive! Have always been curious about the reloading process.....but that's as far as it has gone!!

Used to save about £40 per thousand by using once fired cases and wads collected at local clay shoot, that in itself saved about 3p per load and as I was shooting a few thousand per year at woodies the saving was worthwhile.

Today with lead prices through the roof big savings can be made by making your own lead shot or reloading 8 or 10g.

It's not so much about saving money but like an angler making his own flies and the enjoyment of doing it yourself.

I own two MEC 9000 machines set up for 28g and 32g, can roll out anything up to 500 cartridges per hour in any size of shot I want and can lower ballistics to make training shells for the dogs.

I would advise anyone with the inclination to give it a go.

Hello and welcome

just got into shooting and never thought about loading my own, have just been disposing of my used cartridges in the bin. sounds interesting. might have to look at the. the wife will be chuffed something else for me to get into involving shooting, i can hear her now. lol

Hello and welcome

just got into shooting and never thought about loading my own, have just been disposing of my used cartridges in the bin. sounds interesting. might have to look at the. the wife will be chuffed something else for me to get into involving shooting, i can hear her now. lol

I'm in Larky so if you need some help get in touuch.

Gerry