Whats better

Shooting Tom

I use all sorts of decoys in my pattern and the pigeons come into them all.

I use the shell decoys if I intend to move alot during the day because they are lightweight and slide inside eachother so are easy to carry.

But I do use the full body decoys with the head up for lofting because they stand out better.

I have a set of full body rubber decoys + plastic full body + a couple of shell decoys in my main decoy bag that I put out on rape if I intend to stay in one hide all day and the pigeons come in quite well.

whats better :D

dead uns :no:

i use all sorts of decoys to. as you shoot pigeons swap the plastic fantastic ones for real ones. on the ground, the magnet, the flapper, everyting.

you could freeze some for next time :good:

you carnt beat the real thing :D

Edited by 6shot

Don't think it matters whether shell or full bodied deeks although flock deeks get good reports. what matters in my opinion is getting some movement in the pattern hence floaters, magnets etc. Watch pigeons feed and you will notice a difference between a flock on drill or on rape and try and replicate.

Shooting them is a result of getting everything else right unless they are on a kamikaze mission to feed when just about anything pulls them in.

How many times have you seen them in sitty trees watching a static pattern and not coming in then one drops down somewhere else and they all follow, two lengths of string and a big stick has solved this many times by throwing stick over high branch with string, one length from me to centre of pattern via branch and the other from me on same route with flying decoy sliding on first string, pull on deek string bird goes up in tree, release and it glides down into pattern, it works a lot of the time. Some of the things I try would make you cry with laughter but not got round to having a go at magnet at top of tree yet'

If day is productive every bird shot replaces a decoy during a lull, means when packing up only dead birds to be collected as deeks are already packed away and thats a collecting job for the dogs.

Gerry