MTC 4-16x50 viper or mamba?

chrispti

I'm looking into one of these scopes for my .17 Quad (IF it ever arrives, why do Sako rifles take so ******* long to come . . . :yp: ) From listening to the patter of the bloke in a gun shop near me apart from the turrets being different as mentioned, there is supposed to be a different coating on the lenses of the Viper which makes them better at dawn/dusk.

Personally i like turrets i can see and adjust without taking covers off so i'm going to spend the extra £30-40 and get a Viper. :hmm:

Mark

viper turrets are good if you like to dial in a set distance (without the use of the SCB reticle or holdover with mil dot etc...) but can be a pain as they add extra width for carrying in a hard case, mamba's do the same job but are slimmer more easier to carry about in undergrowth or over the shoulder on the sling. I have all MTC's on my rifles, 2 mamba's and a Viper and i cant really see much difference in the clarity through the scope. they are well made, easy on the eye and damn accurate, worth every penny...unless your going for low light the 50mm is plenty big enough.... :good:

Would not buy either.

Had a viper which had problem's and even though there customer service is brilliant and they replaced it 3 time's they have had batch's with problem's.

I would recommend the viper for ft/hft but not hunting unless you you have centre fire and need to adjust at long range.

Any way after my 3 viper's I had the mamba and It was no good on airgun so went to my friend's 17 hmr and from him it went straight back to mtc as It was very blurry.

I have seen good fixed mag one's and I believe the viper was 1st developed and made as a fixed mag scope "may be one the adjustable mag's have problem's and you see them on the hft seen a lot and I've seen a few good one's but again load's of complaint's.

Google mtc scope problem's and it will open your eye's.

main problem is focusing but again I will say it was a problem with certain batch's,don't know about the newer batch's and I never will as i'l never buy again,really over rated and over priced in my opinion and also very big and very heavy.

look at ags swat or nikko night eaters,glass is just as good if not better.

Go for the Viper-they are superb. :whistling::D:lol:

A man who has scope's I highly rate in his collection :whistling: .

Look at his scope's in his signature "simmon's aetec and simmon's wtc" put viper's to shame in every department and smash it by being half the price.

This man like my self know's there scope's but I have to ask would you have the viper over a wtc or aetec? I certainly would not.

Go to a game fair and have a look and I think you might agree with me.

I'm just being honest

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a 3-12x44 mamba fantastic piece of kit well worth it + free sun shade an metal flip up covers :hmm::lol::cry1: :(

Same as above and it will be going on a HMR when I get my FAC in the next few weeks.

It will be my first MTC and iv not herd a bad thing about them and any claims or problems have been delt with in grade A standard from what I can see . And customer service / knowledge that comes from MTC is roumoured to be second to none, with other brands you deal with the shop you purchased from and would struggle to deal with the manufactuer, not so with MTC .

Am a happy customer to date and will be on here with a review / update of how my entry into the rifle world has been, ie: FLO`s, Processing times, Rifle that i end up buying, the MTC mamber i have and anything else that may assist folk where possible.