what does everyone think about American gun laws

jammy1800

"Bad Idea.

Keep the guns in trained hands please"

Fair enough I understand your view but do not agree with it, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't know if you understand that criminals don't care for the law and they might not be very profficient at handling firearms since they hold them ILLEGALLY and haven't had to train or do any courses or go through any vetting before obtaining them.

I see no reason why firearms such as pistol and other exotic pieces could not be held and used at a suitable range. The firearms would stay secure at the range until used. However I was under the impression this was discussed after the last firearms bill and discredited because the powers that be suggested it would not be good to have a lot of firearms in one place at any one time.

I mean whats all the fuss about anyway?

Every country has it's incidents one way or another from time to time.Its a fact of life something will happen somewhere sometime by person or persons which will bring horror and dismay to an otherwise unsuspecting popluation.

Hungerford and Dublane have other root causes regarding the individuals concerned which do not lay totally at the door of public gun ownership, and to be honest was all the goverment needed to bringg in additional controls.

I do believe eventually to own FAC in this country you will have to undertake formal training and live quarry shooting will have similar controls across all disciplines.

The harder you make it the less people will be bothered to do it.....full stop.

Personally my stance is that there should be no restrictions on what you can legally hold providing you have good reason.

Edited by starlight32

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see no reason why firearms such as pistol and other exotic pieces could not be held and used at a suitable range. The firearms would stay secure at the range until used.

Where they would be no use to you if a nasty burglar or terrorist broke into your house?

I mean whats all the fuss about anyway?

People wanting to own and fire weapons that they have no need for, other than down the pub "oh yes, im just away to fire the 9mm/M16"

The harder you make it the less people will be bothered to do it.....full stop.

Evidently not. The harder you make it to do something, the more people want to do it, to be different from everyone else.

Personally my stance is that there should be no restrictions on what you can legally hold providing you have good reason.

I'll just go and buy a .50 cal then, which can kill at more than a mile and a half.

Need it to shoot rats with mate.

Where they would be no use to you if a nasty burglar or terrorist broke into your house?

People wanting to own and fire weapons that they have no need for, other than down the pub "oh yes, im just away to fire the 9mm/M16"

Evidently not. The harder you make it to do something, the more people want to do it, to be different from everyone else.

I'll just go and buy a .50 cal then, which can kill at more than a mile and a half.

This one is always going to be an emotional topic, and for me especially as i live it every single day.. But guess what gents? My beautiful niece came to me last night and said," Uncle LeeRod (My nick name) will you take me to an NRA safe gun handlers class so that i can get a CCW too, just like Amanda (My daughter)?" These ladies we are talking about are 21 years old.. Laura, my niece doesnt want a " Girl hand gun" but a .45 1911 A1.. Dudes, i had a tear running down my cheek.. What great ladies i have in my family :lol:

Need has absolutely nothing to do with it. 99% of the **** people buy is pointless, are guns supposed to be any different?

I don't need my AR-15 or 40 caliber Glock, but they're sure fun to shoot.

Ahh, lets not forget about a certain Mr Thomas Hamilton, who gunned down a class full of children with legally held handguns.

Yeah, it wasn't the police force that didn't take peoples complaints seriously or revoke his permit's fault, it was those evil handguns. :good:

I'd call America, a place where they believe vehemently in Creationism draconian.

And a country that has more CCtv cameras than the former East Germany is any better how exactly?

Keep the guns in trained hands please

I've been hunting and shooting since I was 9 years old, is that trained enough for ya?

Something about him being proud his girl wants a gun

And why does she need a gun? And why are you proud of her for wanting an instrument if death?

Guns are designed to kill, nothing else.

Need has absolutely nothing to do with it. 99% of the **** people buy is pointless, are guns supposed to be any different?

I don't need my AR-15 or 40 caliber Glock, but they're sure fun to shoot.

Most of the **** people buy cant kill other people easily.

Dont bother feeling the need to read my last post in this thread about bragging rights about their guns/40 caliber Glocks/AR-15s/9mms/M16s etc.

Why didn't you just say " my guns " instead of "AR-15, 40 caliber Glock"?

Irony much?

Yeah, it wasn't the police force that didn't take peoples complaints seriously or revoke his permit's fault, it was those evil handguns. :good:

If he hadn't have had have access to handguns there would be no problem. Its not failures of the system that cause mass shootings, it's failure of the minds of those with the weapons. Therefore, no weapons, no possible mass murder implement, then no problem.

And a country that has more CCtv cameras than the former East Germany is any better how exactly?

I'd rather have CCTV watching me than kids getting shot at school.

I've been hunting and shooting since I was 9 years old, is that trained enough for ya?

No. Until you know the intricacies of the law and consequences of taking a human life, you should not have a firearm.

And i notice how many extra views i've gained after adding my Greenpeace sig. Interesting.

Edited by Sniper6

Can everyubody ignore Sniper6, it is obvious that he is a "bunnyhugger troll" and will only enflame the views of the people on here, making illogical statements like these that until people realise the consequences of taking a life they should not have a gun, as if all of us are gung ho rambos. BY the way Sniper 6, don't bother to reply to what I have just said because I will just ignore you. If you want to debate then do it in a sensible way, don't come on here spreading your propaganda drivel.

Can everyubody ignore Sniper6, it is obvious that he is a "bunnyhugger troll" and will only enflame the views of the people on here, making illogical statements like these that until people realise the consequences of taking a life they should not have a gun, as if all of us are gung ho rambos. BY the way Sniper 6, don't bother to reply to what I have just said because I will just ignore you. If you want to debate then do it in a sensible way, don't come on here spreading your propaganda drivel.

I think i'm going to troll now too. He thinks that merely mentioning what types of firearms you own is bragging. That's not bragiing, THIS is bragging.

AR-15

DSC01857.jpg

Glock 22

DSC01914.jpg

Glock 19 and Sig P229

DSC01794.jpg

I was on sniper6 profile.. hey did not state where he was from, so my guess is he just wants to stir the pot a bit :good: We might not all agree on with each other all the time,but i can tell you this? Every time you lose a right its wrong no matter how insignificant it may be.. Sniper let me say this.. I am a big boy and can hold my own, but the wifey is small, as are the girls in my family.. Look at it this way :yes: how fair of a fight would it be if I, at 320 pounds, came at my wife who is 5' and tips the scale at 125.. Do you sit and complain about things or do you get off the sofa and do something to affect change :look:

Gun Deaths USA -2004- 29,569 from here

Gun deaths UK- 2004 - 51 from here

If the Laws were to change in the UK, I think the above quotes would be about Even Steven in the first year,

Certainly thin the low life out.

Lee, keep your views coming, certainly make sense to me,

Let Sniper6 crack on, I think he's amusing, there's always one,

If he hadn't have had have access to handguns there would be no problem. Its not failures of the system that cause mass shootings, it's failure of the minds of those with the weapons. Therefore, no weapons, no possible mass murder implement, then no problem.

Mmmm how misguided. Your right about one thing it is the failure of the mind of a deeply disturbed individual that causes these things to happen. But how exactly is removing guns from the equation a solution. Isn't it just as easy for them to pick another object to do harm i.e knife. As ive previously said guns aren't the issue some of the people that own them are.

I hate biting when it comes to trolls but when it comes to Dunblane i have to. TH wanted to execute the headmaster of Dunblane Primary in front of the kids, most people who DARE to investigate the tradegy believe this. When this wasn't possible, knowing the Police would be there soon he took his revenge on the children, like the cowardly piece of **** he was. If he didn't have 'legal' access to guns he could have easily performed his original intention with a knife or obtained a gun by other means. It was the system that failed those kids, plain and simple.

And why did the system fail them? Because senior members of CSP were close personal friends with TH. They repeatedly renewed his firearms certificate (FAC) even though he was cautioned for paedophilia/lewd act in a public place, had dozens of complaints sent in about him AND the firearms licencing officer recommended that his FAC was not renewed in 1991 because he was unsuitable to be entrusted with firearms. Then TH committed the act. But then, almost worst of all, hand-wringing imbeciles like you 'sniper6' created the perfect get-out-clause for the Police directly involved in helping TH, by focusing all of the media attention onto the inanimate objects he chose to use. Those individuals escaped justice because you people like you, I hope you are pleased with yourselves.

Mark

P.S. If you want to dismiss me as a 'conspiracy nutter' i couldn't give a rats-a$$, you opinion is of absolutely no worth to me. Everything to do with TH's relationship with the Police etc is in the court room testimonies made by the officers involved. Read Dunblane Unburied, if you're not incandescent with rage afterwards you are either have a heart of stone, you don't care about justice or you haven't understood what you have read.

During my time in the US the common perception was that most people killed by firearms were innocent family members and not drugged up holligans breaking into houses.

Difficult to square this with the need to have a gun handy in case an armed robber breaks in.

Mr. Ginders i do not agree with that statement as most of the violent crime here are by thugs.. White on white crime has dropped 20 % these past ten years, and black on black and black on white crimes have risen 60%

I knew the cries of "Burn the witch!" "Troll!" "He's only new!" would come sooner or later.

I do shoot, I am from a shooting family, and i am an active member of Greenpeace, not a "couch warrior!

This is my gun

DSC00165-1-1.jpg

I have been coming here a lot and i do like this forum.

I do like shooting, and have done since i was young, but there comes a point where you have to draw the line.

Stupid, childish comments aside,

Its good to have an intelligent debate, but without people losing the rag because other peoples opinions differ from thiers.

Carry on chaps.

I knew the cries of "Burn the witch!" "Troll!" "He's only new!" would come sooner or later.

I do shoot, I am from a shooting family, and i am an active member of Greenpeace, not a "couch warrior!

This is my gun

DSC00165-1-1.jpg

I do like shooting, and have done since i was young, but there comes a point where you have to draw the line.

Its good to have an intelligent debate, but without people losing the rag because other peoples opinions differ from thiers.

Carry on chaps.

It is great fun to debate, and I realize that gun ownership is a emotional topic.. :good: I feel sorry for the US should they decide to strip us of any rights.. ANY of our rights.. It kills me to see our boy babby struggling to buy a gun he likes, or calling the feo to get clearance for another? These boys are upset 'cuz they have been screwed over.. Nuff said..

Carry on chaps.

Sorry but one picture of an air rifle and a few sentences don't cut it with me after the comments you have made previously.

Out of curiosity, what do you "NEED" your "instrument of death" for? And what do you kill with it, this being the ONLY use for all guns, according to you? :good:

Mark

Sorry but one picture of an air rifle and a few sentences don't cut it with me after the comments you have made previously.

Out of curiosity, what do you "NEED" your "instrument of death" for? And what do you kill with it, this being the ONLY use for all guns, according to you? :yes:

Mark

Good response mate :good: