what does everyone think about American gun laws

jammy1800

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes people have been killed but you will never know how many would have been killed if the ban was not put in place. imagine the massacre if everyone could get there hands on a gun and ammo with no difficulty.

You must live in a cave if you think guns are hard to get without a license,so effectively everyone can get their hands on a gun.We are just fortunate that the majority of them are used in house so to speak(bad guys shooting bad guys)

yes people have been killed but you will never know how many would have been killed if the ban was not put in place. imagine the massacre if everyone could get there hands on a gun and ammo with no difficulty.

194 odd every one in England could have and carry guns,

i don't ever remember reading about any massacres.

International Crime Victim Surveys

From, of all places, the United Nations, comes this look at crime rates and victim attitudes for 17 major industrialized countries. What is of interest to gun owners is the not-so-surprising revelation that England now has the worst crime rate of all major countries. Following a near-total ban on civilian ownership of firearms, crime in England began to skyrocket. In the UN study, researchers found that nearly 55 crimes are committed per 100 people in England and Wales compared with an average of 35 per 100 in other industrialized countries. England and Wales also have the worst record for "very serious" offenses, recording 18 such crimes for every 100 inhabitants, followed by Australia with 16 (yet another country that has all but banned legitimate self-defense, thus creating a lucrative hunting ground for criminals). In typical UN layered-bureaucracy fashion, the ICVS is funded out of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, but the link is to the Dutch WODC (Research and Documentation Centre). Study data are available for download in English as Acrobat pdf files.

Edited by markbivvy

Oh how did I forget this one, in Switzerland it is the law that EVERY house has a semi automatic rifle. Not many massacres going on there is there, too busy making triangular chocolate and cuckoo clocks no doubt.

Are we talking about the Toblerone? It is a sinister candy indeed :hmm: Look at its shape? It is created to look like a shape charge :hmm: We buy the candy thinking its harmless then-WHAM!! Perhaps Switzerland is planning a great take over :good:

Are we talking about the Toblerone? It is a sinister candy indeed :hmm: Look at its shape? It is created to look like a shape charge :hmm: We buy the candy thinking its harmless then-WHAM!! Perhaps Switzerland is planning a great take over :good:

Well at least you aren't claiming to have invented that as well as Yorkshire Pudding! I mean how can you seriously expect us to believe that when most Yamks have never even heard of Yorkshire, and since Crocodile Dundee think all Englishmen are Australian!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I suppose the real question is, what do we think of Americas Toblerone laws

Well at least you aren't claiming to have invented that as well as Yorkshire Pudding! I mean how can you seriously expect us to believe that when most Yamks have never even heard of Yorkshire, and since Crocodile Dundee think all Englishmen are Australian!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I suppose the real question is, what do we think of Americas Toblerone laws

No, i wont claim the candy, but a rumor floating around these parts is that the US did develope the Fish and Chips that you lads have come to enjoy :good: There is no law as of yet, but let some fat *** choke on a piece and the law makers will jump through their ***** to outlaw them :hmm:

No, i wont claim the candy, but a rumor floating around these parts is that the US did develope the Fish and Chips that you lads have come to enjoy :hmm: There is no law as of yet, but let some fat *** choke on a piece and the law makers will jump through their ***** to outlaw them :hmm:

BTW.. Most Yanks are not as intune to their brothers across the fetid pond :good: Its all good dude :hmm:

Incidently I found these famous quotes which LEE is probably very familiar with. I think that they are very good. :)

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.'

~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others..

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist

Incidently I found these famous quotes which LEE is probably very familiar with. I think that they are very good. :hmm:

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.'

~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others..

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist

I have seen those Koz man.. It is all true :)

Guest topshot_2k

I think we should keep the police checks we have but once cleared you should be allowed any guns with a good reason, ie pistols etc

oh and raise the min sentance for illegal guns to 10 years

I think this is stupid.

Walk down the road, untill you find a bunch of Chavs/towneys/****** or any other undesiarbles that give very little care for anyone else around them.

You're telling me, you'd rather they had firearms, than they didn't?

I think we have a good system up at the moment, I think the other main problem with ''everyone'' getting a gun, is quiet simply as many lives are going to be lost though unsafe handling, and stupidity, as would be saved.

I wouldn't want US style gun laws. My uncle went into a gun shop in the US, and 24 hours later went back and collected his revolver. Now I don't mind if that happens in the US, but I sure as hell wouldn't want those kind of laws in this country. I'm happy about the firearm laws in this country (with the exception of the handgun ban).

I wouldn't want US style gun laws. My uncle went into a gun shop in the US, and 24 hours later went back and collected his revolver. Now I don't mind if that happens in the US, but I sure as hell wouldn't want those kind of laws in this country. I'm happy about the firearm laws in this country (with the exception of the handgun ban).

Isnt anyone of y'all upset based on the fact you had lost a right? A war would start here if they took any one of our rights away :D Look at our Civil war? Once bitten twice shy lads :good:

Hooray for the gun laws in the USA, off to Washington DC next week and will certainly be off down the range to fire a few rounds off at $6.00 a gun rental who could blame me…lol

Gun law in the USA is part of the constitution “the right to bear armsâ€

The uk as it stands today has lost its way a little regarding firearms ownership but them are the rules, doubt if we will ever get hand guns back completely however I do believe that some have small caliber pistols for humane dispatch and I guess that is good reason to own however, the use of automatic firearms (handguns) has in my opinion long gone here.

If some people had there wish we would lose what we got.

US laws with the right to bear arms and in self defence is clearly a requirement of everyday life,in the uk imagine if every law enforcement officers were to arm up ooh now there is a thought we would right in trouble then.

It should be noted that the police in the UK are already rolling out stun guns next you will see armed officers more frequent as the under ground availability of hand guns here is huge.

But to have the same style laws here, think about it for a minute

The usa is what 6 times larger than the Uk and its population about the same.

It really would not work here,but banning hand guns almost completely because someone lost control and went on killing spree, it seems here that only criminals and the like carry small arms who are hell bent on destruction

Only when this is not tolerated in our society would things change but as they say you can never go back to how things once were.

I think most would agree to bring back hand guns to the uk with huge controls like only hand guns kept at armories for argument sake.

The laws in this county are getting tighter and are changing day by day only a few week ago I posted on here regarding a guy who held his sgc for about a year and then applied for his fac and was only granted a .17hmr (.22rf/22cf/facair denied) and the best was still to come he has to be mentored for the ,17hmr this is a guy in his thirties who is a family man, go figure how many of you on here never fired a .22rf or .17hmr before you got your fac!

I would agree the laws here are way too tight but would not like to see it as in the USA maybe we have more to lose here if everyone here suddenly found they had the right to bear arms, it would be a mess

Hooray for the gun laws in the USA, off to Washington DC next week and will certainly be off down the range to fire a few rounds off at $6.00 a gun rental who could blame me…lol

Gun law in the USA is part of the constitution “the right to bear armsâ€

The uk as it stands today has lost its way a little regarding firearms ownership but them are the rules, doubt if we will ever get hand guns back completely however I do believe that some have small caliber pistols for humane dispatch and I guess that is good reason to own however, the use of automatic firearms (handguns) has in my opinion long gone here.

If some people had there wish we would lose what we got.

US laws with the right to bear arms and in self defence is clearly a requirement of everyday life,in the uk imagine if every law enforcement officers were to arm up ooh now there is a thought we would right in trouble then.

It should be noted that the police in the UK are already rolling out stun guns next you will see armed officers more frequent as the under ground availability of hand guns here is huge.

But to have the same style laws here, think about it for a minute

The usa is what 6 times larger than the Uk and its population about the same.

It really would not work here,but banning hand guns almost completely because someone lost control and went on killing spree, it seems here that only criminals and the like carry small arms who are hell bent on destruction

Only when this is not tolerated in our society would things change but as they say you can never go back to how things once were.

I think most would agree to bring back hand guns to the uk with huge controls like only hand guns kept at armories for argument sake.

The laws in this county are getting tighter and are changing day by day only a few week ago I posted on here regarding a guy who held his sgc for about a year and then applied for his fac and was only granted a .17hmr (.22rf/22cf/facair denied) and the best was still to come he has to be mentored for the ,17hmr this is a guy in his thirties who is a family man, go figure how many of you on here never fired a .22rf or .17hmr before you got your fac!

I would agree the laws here are way too tight but would not like to see it as in the USA maybe we have more to lose here if everyone here suddenly found they had the right to bear arms, it would be a mess

That gentleman, is well put :rolleyes:

"We are subjects anyway, we live in a monarchy." AS far as I know even the King/Queen is a civil servant which is granted powers by us the populace and which cannot abuse their power and seek illegal mean to expand it, so technically they are our subject.

Isnt anyone of y'all upset based on the fact you had lost a right? A war would start here if they took any one of our rights away :good: Look at our Civil war? Once bitten twice shy lads :rolleyes:

I take your point, but in the UK laws regarding gun control have been slowly pushed forward over a number of years. In the UK, it is a privledge to own a firearm, not a right.

Edited by Trussman

Guest topshot_2k

If i am deemed responsible and safe to use a .243 and several shotguns etc then why the hell cant i own a pistol etc? doesnt make sense :good:

Edited by topshot_2k

I think this is stupid.

Walk down the road, untill you find a bunch of Chavs/towneys/****** or any other undesiarbles that give very little care for anyone else around them.

You're telling me, you'd rather they had firearms, than they didn't?

I think we have a good system up at the moment, I think the other main problem with ''everyone'' getting a gun, is quiet simply as many lives are going to be lost though unsafe handling, and stupidity, as would be saved.

AS the law stands, probably the chavs/towneys/****** and any other undesirable will be the only one that is armed, because you, as a law abiding person, will not have a gun, whereas they, caring not one jot for the law, will arm themselves as they see fit. Where is the gun control?

"In the UK, it is a privledge to own a firearm, not a right. "

Technically the right to bear arms still exists in the UK, established circa 1689. It has ben "supersceeded" by european legislation but common law can't really be supersceded so the government by not granting us the right to bear arms and saying is illegal is technically breaking the law.

I have no issues with the types of firearms or amount that a person deemed responsible wishes to hold. But I don't think the checks and control in America come anywhere near close enough to evaluate a person as being responsible. I also do not believe gun owners do themselves any favours sprouting the 'right to bear arms' propaganda when theres been a massacre. It should be in their interests to stop fruit and nuts from obtaining firearms.

I have no issues with the types of firearms or amount that a person deemed responsible wishes to hold. But I don't think the checks and control in America come anywhere near close enough to evaluate a person as being responsible. I also do not believe gun owners do themselves any favours sprouting the 'right to bear arms' propaganda when theres been a massacre. It should be in their interests to stop fruit and nuts from obtaining firearms.

From the following statistics, I would say your opinion of gun laws in USA is wrong, it would appear there is far less likely to be a massacre, if everyone is armed, when was the last time you heard of a massacre in Switzerland, where it is the LAW that every house must have at least one semi automatic rifle (and a penknife with attachment for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves)

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced

By a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by

Our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,

Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300percent.

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns.' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.