cheapest way to sweden

happyhunt

I have been offered a hunting lease in sweden for moose / bear and caper and although this is quite cheap I can't find any cheap ferries or airlines that will take firearms.

ryanair fly to stokholm but won't take guns

easyjet don't fly there

cheapest ferry £650 from newcastle to denmark then another ferry from denmark to sweden then 800 mile trip by car :good:

direct ferries to sweden / norway stopped in sept.

am I up the creek, don't want to lose this as its a great place to hunt. :D:/

all thoughts gratefully received.

I weny to Sweden last year (not carrying firearms) flying from Aberdeen to Copenhagen then by train into Sweden across that tunnel/bridge thingy :D

I can't remember what airline it was that we booked through but we ended up flying with Cymber air (a subsidiary company)

On the return trip I remember seeing a couple of guys checking in their gun cases so that airline will take guns :good:

Hope that helps in some way.

Sweden is a fantastic country - hope you enjoy it :/

oslos ok but then another 8 hours drive north,

you can shoot more than 1 moose a day ,depends on what area you are in and what the quota has been set for in that region.last year we had a quota for 1 mature bull , 2 immature bulls, 5 cows and 3 calfs, on a 30.000 acre area,.as you can imagine when a 1 ton moose is running through the forest at 200 yards it can get a bit confusing.

you are only allowed to shoot the cows with 1 calf at foot if she has two you must leave her, last season we got all of our quota within 1 week of the season starting except 1 young bull which the resident swedish hunters managed to get several weeks later,

you can buy what they call 'session beers' from the super market (about 3% alcohol) anything stronger you have to go to a 'special' shop

procedure as follows}

ring bell

monitored by cctv

door unlocks only if you look civilised

look through glass cases at all the whiskey , gin ,vodka etc

stare in amazement at the prices (£25 for 1 litre bottle of whiskey )

go to counter and pay out large amounts of krona

assistant goes through another locked door to bring you your treasure

assistant asks if you want your booty wrapped up in case any people see you exiting shop and treat you like a social outcast.

to put it in perpective, ,out in the real world in sweden its not a problem walking around with knives and guns or shooting over the main road, you are obliged to stop and pull the car over to the side of the road if a moose hunt is in progress and one breaks out a cross the road, the hunters take presidence, top country really.

We fly from Manchester to Norrkopping fairly often with work. SAS charge about £ 5-600 return , not cheap by any means.

I know there is a budget airline that flies from Stanstead to somewhere just north of Norrkopping, but it may be Ryanair again.

Edited by sheene7