game birds

rascal_2005

I have a pair of grey partridge, wild cock bird (shot, wing tipped and now pinioned) paired with a reared hen, she cannot fly either due to previously brokem wing. They produced 20 eggs last year but the broody hen I used was too big, crushed some of the clutch then likewise crushed some of the day olds, only managed to release three but it was a fun little project. I maybe looking for a home for the pair..

To be honest i dont think there r many game farms who would sell u 4 birds but its suprising how many requests we get for them. We're still catching up our laying stock at the mo n have a big surplus of cock birds so you may be able to pick some up from local game farms near you as they only get sold for 50p a piece as dead stock where we are. Another thought may be to catch up some of your own laying stock if you have any land to do it on and then pen them up and let them go broody once they have laid.

CATP