Shooting Show Meet Up?

Nicky T

Yes they do coashing it was £15 for adults and a tenner for kids. Not sure how many clays etc that's for but includes tuition, gun hire, clays and carts. Probably 25 clays/carts for that price. If you want to do it get there first thing and put your name down, there were mental queues today and when I tried to book one they told me to come back in one a half hours.

It was packed today, take some elbow protectors, you'll need them

this may seem like a stupid question..... but never having been to a game fair/shooting show.....

they have a clay line / coaching? I assume they provide everything there - ear defenders, etc - if you have a go?

no need to take my own ear plugs, etc? or do plenty of people come readily prepared.... right down to glasses & shooting jackets?:angry:

was just wondering.... if anyone can shed any light.....

i went today and personally thought it had more to do than catton....but needed more stuff for sale i was there first thing and had a list of stuff to get but have ended up going to jfneviles for the lightforce lamp i wanted....i also thought it was too cramped the stalls that had stuff for sale were rammed the fly fishing show was excellent tho had loads for sale and a few good demos saying all this i will go back next year because there was the odd bargain and its better than staying in....sparkie

Guest topshot_2k

thought there would be more shooting stands there to be honest, was nice day out and got a nice jacket but not that much to buy really, most places had sold out ofdecoys etc within the morning.

quite disappointed myself to be honest, there wasn't much there in the way of stalls although I did pick up a couple of jackets - but they were NO cheaper than on the net, just nice to be able to try them on before buying.

the two main things I went for - clay shooting vest and hunter wellies - there were very few of these, mostly in odd sizes/ left handed for the vests and only pink or purple hunters to be seen!

quite a few guns on show, some with good discounts.

wont be going next time I dont think :angry:

:angry: i'm drivin my truck up at 4 am tmoz ( sun) and hope t have some fun,,,, lovelly local police havn't got my license back to me yet as promised with some more space n variations so won't be buying a new gun f ma birthday there!!!! (today :good: ) you will recognize me, will be the one looking tired and crying over the noce guns,,,, perhaps i'll just get another shotgun! horah! see you there,

quite disappointed myself to be honest, there wasn't much there in the way of stalls although I did pick up a couple of jackets - but they were NO cheaper than on the net, just nice to be able to try them on before buying.

the two main things I went for - clay shooting vest and hunter wellies - there were very few of these, mostly in odd sizes/ left handed for the vests and only pink or purple hunters to be seen!

quite a few guns on show, some with good discounts.

wont be going next time I dont think :yes:

I agree totally, i also dont think i will be going next year!

Got to the round about 300 yards before the entrance at about 9.30am and took about 30 mins to get parked up as loads of people were cutting infront. :angry:

Trying to walk about in the show we found it WAY too busy....saw quite a few stalls but others took a few attempts to get in or I just didn’t bother. There was so much space that could have been better utilized to make it more accessible for the public to walk around the stalls but they insisted on cramming us in like sardines.

Watching the dogs retrieve which was very entertaining but over all I was disappointed with the rest of the show.

P.S. on the way back to the car park I managed to spot a few caged tigers that must be an act for the circus…..they were HUGE! :good:

Edited by zorba_the_greek