Pigeon and mushrooms on toast

ziplex

Been roost shooting the last couple of weekends and had a few that the mrs fancied for supper last week:rolleyes: I couldn't be ***** to muck about so I tried the following..........

cut the breasts into thin slices, cut the mushrooms to a similar thickness, ground some black peppercorns, get a handful of dried parsley, slice a clove or three of garlic and grab a hunk of butter. Put it all, at the same time, into a non stick saucepan and stir on a highish heat for a few minutes, pour onto toast!

Best pigeon i've had in ages.

Edited by ziplex

Left over rabbit stew (and more red wine) tonight but I'll give it a go tomorrow, sounds good.

Paul.

I gotta get myself some rabbit, i've got a recipe somewhere for mediterranean(?) stew with olives and peppers etc in it, i've only had it once but it was lovely!

Been roost shooting the last couple of weekends and had a few that the mrs fancied for supper last week:rolleyes: I couldn't be ***** to muck about so I tried the following..........

cut the breasts into thin slices, cut the mushrooms to a similar thickness, ground some black peppercorns, get a handful of dried parsley, slice a clove or three of garlic and grab a hunk of butter. Put it all, at the same time, into a non stick saucepan and stir on a highish heat for a few minutes, pour onto toast!

Best pigeon i've had in ages.

MMMM.gonna have to try that out! :yes:

i cant really comment, as ive been done for that myself (many moons ago), but he is looking at a nice fine, and about 8 points. :yes:

i did the same but stirred in a blob of red welsh mustard..(honey tasteing)..served on toast as a tasy mid day sarnie type snack.....cracking....

i did the same but stirred in a blob of red welsh mustard..(honey tasteing)..served on toast as a tasy mid day sarnie type snack.....cracking....

Ooer, I like the sound of that!......is 'red welsh mustard' something I should be able to find? never heard of this before but it sounds good :yes:

ha ha ha..in wales, yes....

im not sure mate, my parents live in welshest wales and they got me on to it... my old man brings nme a jar once in a while....

http://www.welshmustard.com/about_us_welsh...d_company.shtml

this is the one i have and its lovely.... :good: you can get it here online for a couple of quid delivered to your door.... go on..treat yer self....

read the ingregients....42% honey...red wine vinigar...hotter than english but less bitter tasting.....

http://www.welshmustard.com/our_products_w...tard_faqs.shtml

Edited by myzeneye

ha ha ha..in wales, yes....

im not sure mate, my parents live in welshest wales and they got me on to it... my old man brings nme a jar once in a while....

http://www.welshmustard.com/about_us_welsh...d_company.shtml

this is the one i have and its lovely.... :good: you can get it here online for a couple of quid delivered to your door.... go on..treat yer self....

read the ingregients....42% honey...red wine vinigar...hotter than english but less bitter tasting.....

http://www.welshmustard.com/our_products_w...tard_faqs.shtml

The link states there's a distributor in Wootton Bassett........I can call in on my travels :good:

.....cut the breasts into thin slices, cut the mushrooms to a similar thickness, ground some black peppercorns, get a handful of dried parsley, slice a clove or three of garlic and grab a hunk of butter. Put it all, at the same time, into a non stick saucepan and stir on a highish heat for a few minutes.......

My wife was out last night , so I tried this - just modifed it a little because I had some onion-flavoured pork dripping in the fridge which I substituted for the butter.

I also added a splash of port and used fresh parsley.

Found some cold new potatoes in the fridge too, which sauted up nice and crisp in the remainder of the dripping.

All served with a mixed salad

:rolleyes: HISTORIC :ninja:

Gosh this shooting lark is good

it is good mate... i shoot for the pot only really, only shoot what i need...if the chance arises that is...

the funny thing is, i now enjoy the cooking as much as the shooting.... oh, and of course the soscilaising and getting freinds to try out the "eeeeeeeeee!!! pigeoen ?"