Benelli supersport OR Beretta Urika 2

zorba_the_greek

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a semi-auto and i was wondering what you guys recommend. Which i the better shotgun for sporting and skeet for those overcast days when i dont want to use the 682 Gold E?

NEW Beretta Urika 2

or

2nd hand (250 cart through it) Benelli Supersport 1 with the carbon fiber look.

:hmm:

Both guns work out to be roughly the same amount of money i estimate and will have a try of both. Just wanted to gauge opinions and experience on the two.

stick with the one o/u, they can take a **** load of ware and tear, after all its a tool not an ornament.

a little rain or mud wont harm it at all as long as its cleaned afterward.

plus you would probably find that you wouldn't be able to shoot great with it as they are two completely different types of gun! i can even shoot to save my life with my mates p/a mossberg!! stick to the one and master it! :hmm:

imo save the money and buy a decent rifle.

regards,

DF

Edited by dogfox

Having owned a AL390 (which I sold) and a Teknys (which I sold) and now on the look out for a third (actuially have a deposit on one) cos I regret selling the previous 2 I would suggest a beretta cos they are fab.

I was speaking to a large premium (who sells both makes) dealer in NE England last saturday and he said (not me) that all semi's other than berettas are dogs pooh.

well I have a Benelli M1 Sa and it has not been a scrap of bother.It cycles any loads and easy to take apart and clean and has the inertia ejection system so no "O" rings to fail.I suppose at the end of the day its what you are used to and have available to use .

Edited by hogey

Having owned a AL390 (which I sold) and a Teknys (which I sold) and now on the look out for a third (actuially have a deposit on one) cos I regret selling the previous 2 I would suggest a beretta cos they are fab.

I was speaking to a large premium (who sells both makes) dealer in NE England last saturday and he said (not me) that all semi's other than berettas are dogs pooh.

That bloke is living about 2 decades out of date.

edit

Ooops just noticed, he's in the North East. Thats about right then :good:

Edited by throdgrain