Eukanuba

darren m

was watch a openshaw DVD and noted he feeds Eukanuba to his pups and older dogs.

this stuff is very expensive , so wondering if any of you feed it and if so why ??

i,ve got a couple of free bag vouchers i,m going to use :unsure: which is nice as a 3kg bag costs £13+.

wonder if i,ll see any difference in the pups behaviour :wacko: .

is Eukanuba the ultimate in dog food or is it just as good as any other brand .....

whats your thoughts

cheers

With my 1st Springer i fed her on Euka for the first 12 months but with the 2nd Springer i fed her on Auturky Pup food for the first 12 months.....they then both went onto Skinners Field Trials Museli and also Duck

Edited by Spaniel

I fed Roxy Eukaneuba when we were in the states. She was picky about food as a puppy and didn't eat just anything. I have always given her a quality food diet (pro plan, eukaneuba, etc) so we went through most of the good puppy foods until we found Eukaneuba. She loved it so we stuck with it. It was a very good food for her. Her coat was very smooth and shiny, it kept down the shedding a bit, and as far as I can tell she has developed great muscle/bone structure and proportions. She was always in good health/weight/energy when I fed it and I would feed it to her again.

That said, we moved to proplan for a while before we came over here and she did just as well. On moving here, both proplan and eukaneuba were comparatively really expensive so we switched to wellbeloved for £10-£15 cheaper a bag. She now gets the duck and rice kibble and does well on it.

Thanks,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
Chudleys ranges of Working Dog mixes have exactly the same in them, protein, fat, etc as Eukanuba, and is less than a third of the price.

And they have a Royal Appointment to Her Majesty :good:

Chudleys is a brand name for Dodson and Horrell.

Cheers

they even have a BASC logo on the bag so must be good :yes:

Hi,

I remember going anf using FTCH Mallowdale Rackatear at stud years ago. I had seen the same video with the comment about Eukanuba on it. I asked if the dog I was using was fed on it.

The reply I got in a broad Lancs accent was "No way, it send him wappy. He is on tripe and biscuits".

As they say, it says OXO on busses but they don't sell em :good:

I have access to a trade warehouse for dog food and tend to chop and change as the manufacturers quietly alter the list of ingredients on the back of the bag.

At the moment I am mixing two food togeather but I have tried both foods individually for my dogs.

The cheap one is Vtalin working dog which contain 30% meat and is guaranteed no colours, preserves etc. All my dogs are solid on this when fed alone.

But I mix is with James Wellbeloved Lamb and rice, which also is additive free.

But seeing the resluts I got on Vitalin worker, I would feed it on its own despite the cheap price. I pay £8.00 per bag No vat.

Ian

well coming to the end of the free eukanuba , cant say i have noticed any changes except her ****e stinks :good:

have mixed the last lot in with a bag of chudleys junior , but she dont seem too keen on this :yes: in fact she not eaten much in the last 48 hours , dont know if its the food or she's just feeling a bit off.

question -- i,m still feeding her 3 times a day and was wondering when should i be cutting it down to just twice a day ( spaniel bitch 21 weeks ).

thanks

Hi,

We feed our cocker Poppy on Eukanuba Puppy, then moved onto their cocker mix and there were lots of times when she would not eat.

Changed over to Skinner :D and and tried two Diff mix's and i cann't remember a night she has not eaten, she loves the food. and i can say, she does have a lovly coat and changing over to skinner has not effected at all.

Kipper

The cheap one is Vtalin working dog which contain 30% meat and is guaranteed no colours, preserves etc. All my dogs are solid on this when fed alone.

But seeing the resluts I got on Vitalin worker, I would feed it on its own despite the cheap price. I pay £8.00 per bag No vat.

Ian

thats a good price Ian - is that wholesale or retail , whats the protein content in that.

is it the muslie type food???

cheers

Ian

thats a good price Ian - is that wholesale or retail , whats the protein content in that.

is it the muslie type food???

cheers

Hi,

thats the wholeslae price as I have a trade account at a petfood warehouse. The food is extruded not muselie.

Ian