firearms officer phoned today............

MM

It's unbelievable the level of variation you can get between different police forces when applying for anything firearms related.

A mate of mine is in the middle of applying for his FAC with Chester police and they are being a total nightmare with him.

I know the difficulties you guys are facing and it pi55es me off that it's happening in the first place.

Cheers,

Mark.

It's unbelievable the level of variation you can get between different police forces when applying for anything firearms related.

A mate of mine is in the middle of applying for his FAC with Chester police and they are being a total nightmare with him.

I know the difficulties you guys are facing and it pi55es me off that it's happening in the first place.

Cheers,

Mark.

Tell me about it mate still won't give vermin on the .223 all run by the opposite sex :good:

Chick or nor, its not a legal requirement , you should have give her the details over the phone.

it would have been done now.

good luck with it. :good:

TBH Mark, im not one to rock the boat. id rather just do as they ask and get it sorted. shouldnt be too long now. :yp:

TVP wanted copies of all my permission letters.

But then said shall I put all your rifles down against where you shoot in Scotland :good:

It would be pointless providing phone numbers for 2 of them, one is never available, and the other won't pick up if he doesn't recognise the number :yp:

Where does it say on the application forms that Permission letters need to be included :lol:

All it asks for is 4 photos (Signed/witnessed accordingly), cheque for the relevant amount and the actual form itself filled in and signed.

The letter you get through upon request of forms does't ask for it and it certainly wasn't requested by the FEO when I both spoke to him and also when I contacted him on email to confirm :lol:

I know the ground is covered for the calibres I want, reasons for wanting have been excepted by FEO, means of proving necessary competence have been applauded by FEO :yp: , Landowner has signed permission slip, copied various scaled farm maps (both the latter I was explicitely told not to put in with the forms). Sites of relevant calibre/high seats indicated on topography map. DSC1 booked.

Not much left to cover apart from buying the actual rifles and ammo now :good:

SS