Sony vid on rifle scope

well done nice bit of footage..

what cam did you use

Its a Sony DCR-DVD201E. Excellent footage in the day but very hard work at night even with 2 beasty IR emitters.

It is very hard to shoot with a camera fitted. Just does not seem right, like shooting wackey handed.

The day footage is nice but the night shots were darn hard. I have emailed Snipercat off U tube to find out if I am doing something wrong. He has some excellent NV shooting vids.

I might do some more day shooting on rabbits but with my S410. It has a trpod and is obviously much more stable.

Carbon

great work :hmm:

just out of interest, were you using the screen on the camera or looking through the eyepiece?

Day shooting on the screen, night with the eye peice.

The day shooting was kneeling, the night shooting was mainly done leaning against something. After 20 mins with the camera at night I look it off and went back to the Yukon. I cant get on with it and the rats were taking the mick! The yukon had the last laugh. 3 misses with the sony on rats at night that I edited out.

Total 15 minutes filming for 1 min 47seconds footage.

Carbon

<_< Nice job,looks like you will be bizzy for a while......

Very bizzy.

The rats, I am denting their population but the area is so large, (22 feeders at 600 acres), I imagine as an area is cleaned other areas will spread and take up residance. Still its my challenge and the owners notice my affect. They are happy and so am I.

The rabbits are a bit more canny, notice losses and people.

I have enlisted help for both types of vermin from local trusted shooters.

Soon on a massed shoot we will take a piccy of the combined evening/night shoot.

Carbon

I can see what you mean but if you look close they are in fact rats.

It was a branch laying on the floor surrounding a phesant pen, the rats were coming out to have a look at what was happening. Even looking at this time to the left you can see one come out and two others joining the party.

Honest Guv. They are not at all, in any way shape or form birds.

I can see what you mean but if you look close they are in fact rats.

It was a branch laying on the floor surrounding a phesant pen, the rats were coming out to have a look at what was happening. Even looking at this time to the left you can see one come out and two others joining the party.

Honest Guv. They are not at all, in any way shape or form birds.

I think the confusion would be, as you fire the shot you see the eyes disapeer and what you'd of guessed is a flap of feathers - hence why I thought it was birds...

what video edit software did you use ? i am toying with vegas (sony)and videowave the new cam i got is nice and light got the extension tubes off ebay and they fit the hawke scope like a glove . as for the adapter ring i tried 3 dedicated camera shops only to be told sony were a unique size 30mm on my camcorder 42mm on scope so again went to ebay got 1 ring 30 to 42 cost a fiver postage included from hong kong , arrived 5 days later and its perfect . what distance approx were you from the longtails when you were shooting ? they seem a little blurred , good video keep up the good work :blink:

what video edit software did you use ? i am toying with vegas (sony)and videowave the new cam i got is nice and light got the extension tubes off ebay and they fit the hawke scope like a glove . as for the adapter ring i tried 3 dedicated camera shops only to be told sony were a unique size 30mm on my camcorder 42mm on scope so again went to ebay got 1 ring 30 to 42 cost a fiver postage included from hong kong , arrived 5 days later and its perfect . what distance approx were you from the longtails when you were shooting ? they seem a little blurred , good video keep up the good work :blush:

The rat shooting was 10m or less as I couldent get the IR working correct. With the camera off the scope I have a distance of 60+ m with my Yukon IR emitter.

I like the idea of the scope adaptor with the threaded bar on top to mount a Camera but you loose the cross hairs.

My other option is the IR laser illuminator (not a pointer) which will give what I need but at £107 + postage.

Yearly bonus soon, I think a gun safe ready for FAC application will be first.

The video editing software was U Lead (now a Corral owned company) from PC world at £27. Took me a while to get used to it but now Quick and easy. I then used MS Movie maker to reduce the size and add titles.

Carbon

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic, thats a lot of work for a little footage but by golly you cracked it, one of the best bits of vermin shooting related film i have ever seen

well done chap :good:

Thanks Pav.

You've done it for me now. I will do another with my AAS410 in the daylight as I dont like night shots without the holy grail 'laser ir emitter'.

Be warned though, although many bunns, (hopp-fully), will fall, I will have to drag my fat **** through stingers so cussing may be apparent with your nickname.

Give me a month. One weeks shooting and 4 weeks editing cos I'm poop at both.

Carbon

PAV!

My camera did not fit right on the scope as the cheek piece on the stock of an S410 is quite high.

I looked at it, it looked at me.

My stock has seen better days... Now it is altered. The camera now fits and the stock is looking forward to camo painting. The view through the camera is excellent in the day so capture will start.

The next vid will be in higher def, more shots but with more viewing of what you see through a scope.

Carbon