Adjustable Butt Plate. Anyone know who stocks these

Peter De La Mare

Hi Peter,

Try Jim Spalding on 01206 382477 or Malcolm Jenkins on 01528 564496.

A friend had some work done from M Jenkins and it was an excellent comb conversion.

I think MC had some type of adjustable recoil reducer fitted by J Spalding.

Just be careful that you do not get too much weight at the very back of the gun.

That's a good idea, and probably something that I could do in the short term, but..... they look hideous don't they? :lol: Everyone knows that I'm a complete tart when it comes to asthetics and thick rubber/whatever pads I really loathe. I don't even like the pad that the gun came with, let alone making it thicker yet.

My ideal would be the Graco adjustable extender as pictured with a really thin black hard plastic plate, like on the Browning GTIs. I need to add weight at the stock anyway, so this'll help.

I like technically clever engineering solutions, what can I do? :good:;)

Peter,

Give Jim Spalding a ring, he used to have a workshop at the Fennes at Braintree. I have one of his own design recoil reducers fitted to my F3 and it is fully adjustable for length cast and comb height etc.

He can also do an awesome adjustable comb conversion for not a lot of money.

I would NOT let anyone else near any gun of mine. The guy is a true craftsman. If you want a look at mine (ooerr) then get yourself to Braintree saturday morning.

Y'know, that makes my cock twitch. :good:

I like velly much.... :lol:

REALLY?

On second thoughts we are not going to Braintree anymore, We will let you know on sunday where we went.

Jeezzz

The internet is full of wierdo's ;):angry::angry:

Peter - try these. They sell all sorts of stock mechanisms - adjustable comb hardware etc.

http://www.thegun-cupboard.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Funnily enough Gordon, I'd just found that site 5 mins ago!! :lol: I think that's the route I'm going to take, I spoke to Jim Spalding and seen his advert in Clay Sporting magazine and I think I prefer the Graco solution. :good:

I bought an adjustable comb mechanism from them and did my one and only adjustable stock on a browning GTi. Bought a scroll saw - two practice runs on scrap wood from memory - and off came the comb. Looking back, I don't know where I found the courage from. It could have gone horribly wrong. Easy enough to fit and the results were decent. Gunsmith near me does them for £85 all in - the mechanism cost me £45. For £40, I could have saved the worry and a degree of hard work.

Peter, I used to own a Browning XT with a Graco recoil reducer fitted. It also contained all the adjustment shown in your first post and probably more. Sadly it altered the balance of the gun and it felt clumsy. Sold the stock and fitted a 525 trap version. Just sold the gun. You can still see it at Bamfords Guns - on sale. Mine is the non-adjustable XT

Edited by Gordon R