New gun!!!

Ozzy Fudd

thanks for all the replies lads, but i handed the nova back to the gunshop last week :innocent:

meant to post up but was going to wait til i got some pics sorted. traded the nova in for a 2nd mossberg pump action! :lol:

the novas a great gun but there was a couple of things about it i didnt like, nothing major but it just didnt feel right, if that makes sense? i felt like a right **** going back to the gunshop with it!

so now both my shotties are mossberg pumps; a 500a and a 600at (very little difference in them). I was going to post pics but basically the 500a has the wood stock still on it, but the 600at (one i got last week) has been kitted out with a black ati stock with pistol grip and black synthetic forend :blink:

cool! :innocent:

ive been a bit sneaky with my mossbergs, especially the 600. when people see them they just think heres another rambo wannabe with his pumps, but they dont realise both have multichoke barrels and top ribs with bead sights, and ive had the stocks heightened on both on them - tastefully done with a brown rubber stock heightener on the 500 and a cut up blackrubber car mat on the 600, held on with copious amounts of black insulating tape on both - to bring my eye perfectly in line down the barrel :lol:

on monday a few of us were shooting springing teal on the clays, only thing was there was a black clay and an orange one, you had to shoot the black first then the orange. got the usual comments i was expecting, but guess who was the first (and only) to hit all 5 pairs in the right order.... :lol: :blink:

good i like indestructible gun :lol:

quick (and stupid) question, what way are the chokes marked? is it the more marks the tighter the choke, or the less marks the tighter the choke? :lol:

cheers :blink:

edit - should point out its 2nd hand, got the original box and all with it but no booklet and havnt had time to track one down yet :innocent:

The less marks the tighter the choke

If you haven't sold the Montefeltro, 9 times out of 10, especially on an older one, replacing the recoil spring will turn the trick. If you or the original owner never got into the recoil tube to clean and lubricate, it might just be crudded up, but a new spring could be the fix. I know you like your pumps, but just thought I'd throw this in.

Pete

cheers mate, i got into the tube and cleaned it a few times, still wasnt any better; the shells werent being released from the magazine, i had no idea why.

had to hand in the benelli to get the nova (and hand it in to get the 2ndmossy), cops dont like us having too many shotguns without good reasons, and "because i want one" isnt good enough in their book :innocent:

Understanding that... I can't blame you. Sounds like a trigger group problem or something with the shell latch.

I shot model 12 Winchesters for years, and recently re-stocked a 30" 20 gauge Remington 31, (the fore-runner to the 870), and they are definitely reliable guns. I don't know how it works in Northern Ireland, but in the US, Mossberg's customer service on repairs is tremendous.

Good luck.

Pete

Yeah they do, but it's not huge.

I ordered a new Rem 870 26" barrel via Edgar Bros, but gave up when it hadnt arrived after 6 months.

As far as Mossberg goes, Saddlery and Gunroom are the importers round here, they claim to be for the U.K, but the hardly hold any spares worth having.

Thankfully Mossbergs and Remingtons are both very reliable guns :blush:

thanks for all the replies lads, but i handed the nova back to the gunshop last week :good:

meant to post up but was going to wait til i got some pics sorted. traded the nova in for a 2nd mossberg pump action! :lol:

the novas a great gun but there was a couple of things about it i didnt like, nothing major but it just didnt feel right, if that makes sense? i felt like a right **** going back to the gunshop with it!

so now both my shotties are mossberg pumps; a 500a and a 600at (very little difference in them). I was going to post pics but basically the 500a has the wood stock still on it, but the 600at (one i got last week) has been kitted out with a black ati stock with pistol grip and black synthetic forend :lol:

:lol: babby -- interested to see a pic of your new mossberg if you can put one up , also looking for ideas to put a bit of height on my mossy pump stock .

cheers

Darren

:lol: babby -- interested to see a pic of your new mossberg if you can put one up , also looking for ideas to put a bit of height on my mossy pump stock .

cheers

Darren

on the 500 i have one of these perched on top of the wood and taped on with black insulating tape - comb raiser

the other half works in a factory making rubber car mats so i got some off cuts of those and chopped them up to the height i needed for the 600, tho i intend getting one of those stpck heighteners for it too.

the gunshop were trying to flog me some bear tooth system (or something), its a nylon sleeve that fits over the stock and heavy foam inserts fit under it, ontop of the stock comb; it was over £20, and youd still end up having to tape the foam down to prevent it slipping :good: but to be honest, you can use anything - on the nova i had a sheet of card folded over, then wrapped in foam, then faped down - doesnt look pretty but i go by performance, not looks :lol: