New gun!!!

Ozzy Fudd

just traded in the benelli montefeltro tonight and got a benelli nova 12 ga; got fed up with the montefeltro being tempermental when firing 28 gram 7.5's and lost out in the top spots at a clay shoot on saturday because of it :blink:

so decided to go for a good old pump action :hmm:

BENELLI_NOVA_PUMP_0707-1_1.jpg

is there anything i should look out for with these? cheers :oops:

The gun is indestructible.

My one has been underwater, buried in mud, pressure washed when it got realy dirty.

Parts can be a problem and never lose the recycling spring. It may only cost £1.00 but it took me months to get a replacement.

You have PM.

LB

i have a montefeltro and have never had any problem with it cycling a 28gm 7.5 :hmm: I may be wrong on this but all Benelli's have the same inercia system for cycling the rounds .... any way it is a nice bit of kit that nova best of luck old chap :oops:

good i like indestructible gun :D

quick (and stupid) question, what way are the chokes marked? is it the more marks the tighter the choke, or the less marks the tighter the choke? :good:

cheers :blink:

edit - should point out its 2nd hand, got the original box and all with it but no booklet and havnt had time to track one down yet :rolleyes:

Edited by babbyc1000

its an old style montefeltro with the chokes on the outside/end of the barrel, i got it 2nd hand so i dont know how old it was, though it was in good condition. cycled 32 gram 6's without a problem but wouldnt always cycle 28 gram 7.5's out of the magazine, dont know what was wrong with it tbh

anyway, the plus point is that because ive bought another benelli i dont have to change my signature now... :rolleyes:

its an old style montefeltro with the chokes on the outside/end of the barrel, i got it 2nd hand so i dont know how old it was, though it was in good condition. cycled 32 gram 6's without a problem but wouldnt always cycle 28 gram 7.5's out of the magazine, dont know what was wrong with it tbh

anyway, the plus point is that because ive bought another benelli i dont have to change my signature now... :blink:

Every cloud has a silver lining :rolleyes:

Shooting clays with a pump action is much easier than you'd think, and it looks good too :blink: Plus if you miss you have a built-in excuse, and if you win you did it despite having a handicap.

So it's win-win really :rolleyes:

The chokes are like Berettas, the more notches, the wider the choke.

Allow me to show my latest picture of my glorious Remington at this point -

remo-custom;size:1024,768.jpg

Edited by throdgrain

Bloody hell.. I would have stayed with the Mossburg :good:

i still have the mossberg you twit :yes:

when i was talking about buying a new one i meant i was going to trade in the benelli and buy a brand new mossberg, so id have two of them! but apparantly its a problem getting new mossbergs at the mo, so i bought the benelli pump :(

very nice remy, defo in better condition than my mossberg :yes:

Shooting clays with a pump action is much easier than you'd think, and it looks good too :yes: Plus if you miss you have a built-in excuse, and if you win you did it despite having a handicap.

So it's win-win really :good:

The chokes are like Berettas, the more notches, the wider the choke.

Allow me to show my latest picture of my glorious Remington at this point -

remo-custom;size:1024,768.jpg

very nice gun, remingtons are the best pump actions i had one wish i kept it.

Hey Babby can you get these in left handed :( :yes: there is a wingmaster l/h on guntrader and i am tempted but would prefer benelli :yes::yes:

hmm honestly dont know, i was trying to search google but the firewall in work has most gun related sites blocked, think ive seen left handed benelli montefeltro semi's lately (the new model) but not sure of the pumps, check benelliusa.com, sorry :good: