Varmint grandes rifle round.

dave dog

Dose anyone out there have any experamces of this round, if so do you know what caliber they come in, as would like to use them 22.250.

Can they be got in factory formed ammo or do you have to homeload as this would be a problem that moment.

Also what are there prices, i would think they are expensive to run, they also strike me as quite a safe round to use. Safe as firing any fullbore rilfe can be.

The bullets are p**h I got some after my dealer told me they are the boy. Turns out that neither him or mate with an AI22.250 couldent get to group. In my 22.250 the best i got was 1 1/2" & have 70 or so in my drawer as they need a 1-10 twist to work.

Don't bother with them. I bought a box in 6mm last year. I tried them on Melons, expecting them to be 'devastating', as shown in the company video. They 'blew' the melon alright, but no different to a V max or soft point. I have about 60 left, which will be used up soon. They are now available in .224, but I am not bothering. They are supposed to be popular in the USA when used on Coyote's, because they don't damage the pelt as much as V max etc.

Edited by steve_b_wales