looking to upgrade sound system in landy

flash

basically im fed up with have two **** speakers in the landy that cant handle any bass.

looking to get rid of one of the seats in the back and replace with a sub and amp etc, also want to fit some 6x9s in the back somewhere.

can anyone recomend me some decent kit, that aint to pricey.

cheers

flash

I've got a sub and stuff in my landy but all plumbed in under the back seats, looks really good. It's a clarion head unit with the stereos brain under the rear seats, also sat nav, tv receiver, phone receiver, cd changer, amps and sub. It's boxed in and covered with grey carpet, I'll do you a pic in a mo.

Edited by hairyduck

why wouldnt i like to put a sound system in it.

i like my music, and i like it even more when im driving.

current sound system sucks, and i would like to upgrade it.

headphones would mean only i could listen to it, and thats pretty pointless in my eyes.

tbh i would definatly try flebay or try local halfords you can pick up good quality speakers qiute cheap not sure about the amp lol tbh. do you mind me asking how much you pay on insurance and who your with? its just im getting my 200tdi soon!!

I can not have a conversation with the person sat next to me in my Landy from all the noise it makes.

So a radio would be pointless.

But with a massive V8, what sounds better than that?

TVR sound with tractor speed

Edited by V8landy

I'd probably recommend just buying a mid-range head unit and some 6x9's (second hand to save the pennies) and see how you get on. You might find it's enough for what you want.

If you're still hungry for a bit of bass, I've got an Infinity sub and amp sitting in a spare room that I would be happy to part with for a modest price - bought maybe 4 years ago but hardly used it...so much so that I took it out. Still got the boxes for them, PM me if your interested.

he's right, just try a good pair of 6x9's with a decent head unit, you will be surprised what they can kick out.

its something i'll be doing to my 90 soon. i used to have an amp and 6x9s in another car with no sub, and to be honest i didnt really need the amp.

you'll be surprised how good the acoustics are in the 300tdi, engine is much quieter than the 200!

let us know how you go on fella