Tikka M595

dave dog

Excellent guns as long as they been treated ok.

A .22-250 might be a bit too much for crows and will be bloody pricey ammo.

I'd thought you would be better of with a .222 and using cheapo privi partizan ammo about £7 a box.

Guntrader has a nice plastic stocked 595 .222 near you for £390.

So it would fair to say that this would be a better buy than a remy sps varmint form. And would out shoot the remy in most cases. So 250 to 300 would be ok to shoot it at even in sporter frorm is still capable of that. Assuming i how the marksmanship tp hit. As in most case the rilfe will shoot far better than person behind it.

Thanks for your replys

Dave

Honestly mate, if you're worried about loosing your permission - build a rook trap.

My total for 2008 in rook traps was near enough 2000 (over two estates) - it'll work out cheaper, and you won't run the risk of loosing your permission.

So it would fair to say that this would be a better buy than a remy sps varmint form. And would out shoot the remy in most cases. So 250 to 300 would be ok to shoot it at even in sporter frorm is still capable of that.

Dave

An absolute 'yes' to all three of your comments. It's a much, much more refined rifle than a Remington SPS.

The sporter configuration doesn't limit the rifle's accuracy or range, in normal circumstances.

Been an had a look at said rifle today it looks like new bore has a bit of resiedue in the barrel which worries me. Appartantly is where the rifle has been fired but i am not so sure if the rifle as not be made for a while. Could it be rust or bad second hand one. condition is immculate. The stuff in the dose'nt appear to be enbeded but may be wrong just sat on the surface of the rifling, migth even be dust.

They are labled as M595 Master is their such a modle also the barrel seems to thinker than most sporter barrel, and there was a T3 beside it. Looks to be a medium profile or heavey.

Dose anyone know where you can get weaver type rail to fit them. As all they mounts I have in my collection are warne or that type of quick-lase. Also what they cost and where you can get them from.

To Bleeh do you mean a larsen trap if not have you got any pictures of your trap.

Must appirreshate all your replys

Dave