Pigeons on the Cress

MerseaDavid

Me and dad went out again today on our main farm and there was a few nice flightlines going on to one of our cress fields.

It started off a bit slow but they kept coming in all day and we finnshed with 113 pigeons and 1 dove.

Dads hide

P1010002.jpg

P1010007.jpg

The cress field

P1010008.jpg

P1010011.jpg

Would be nice to see a picture of the 113 Pigeon :good:

Why have you taken the magnet in and taken pictures of 30ish pigeon and not the total bag :good:

its best to show pic's of the amount you say were shot or people tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

still 30 is a good bag this time of year.

PELTMAN :P

cress is about the only crop i havent shot over as there not too much of it in my part of the woods what do the pigeon seem to think of it i can see from the pics there was a few about but do the pigeons seem to like it more to other crops that are about

good shooting buddy

cheers

sam

cress is about the only crop i havent shot over as there not too much of it in my part of the woods what do the pigeon seem to think of it i can see from the pics there was a few about but do the pigeons seem to like it more to other crops that are about

good shooting buddy

cheers

sam

i was just thinking the same thing beening from lincs myself

thanks

stan

We have had cress on the farm I shoot on for 2 years runing now and each year we have had fantastic shooting on the fields. We had many red letter days over the cress even though we had peas, spring rape and a few other fields but the pigeons did not touch the other fields.

If you have cress you will have the pigeons.

Would be nice to see a picture of the 113 Pigeon :good:

Why have you taken the magnet in and taken pictures of 30ish pigeon and not the total bag :lol:

its best to show pic's of the amount you say were shot or people tend to take what you say with a pinch of salt.

still 30 is a good bag this time of year.

PELTMAN :good:

the reason that there is not 113 bird there is because we could not collect them all because we lost alot in the tall wheat field that we were shooting over + we lost a few in the wood next to the field and we could not go in there because it is a game wood and at the moment we are not aloud near it.

+ the farmer wanted aload of birds so he could keep shooting after we had finnished so we just leftt the birds in the field in the pattern that we were using.

I can never work out why people get so upset by not seeing the total number of birds. Everyone looses birds, even more at this time of year. if you shoot a bird and it folds up and drops out of the sky, you class it as a kill but if you cant find it or get to it then you are not goin to take it off your counter are you (if you do then you are daft). Because I am a farmer I know how much damage can be caused by people walking through the crops that is why I dont go out unless I know that one is still alive and even then I will stick to the tramines. I dont have a dog and even if I did I would not send it out that much because they can cause just as much damage.