Few Rabbits shot with Anschutz XIV carbine

ashleybrook

Ashleybrook,

Nice shooting. Interested in the lamp set up you have there. Could you give me an idea of the price for the whole lamping system you have ?

I'm toying with either getting one like yours or the deben tracer lamp. Any thoughts ? Or does anyone else have experience of these two systems ?

Ooh also where did you get a hold of it ?

Cheers.

gb.

Ashleybrook,

Nice shooting. Interested in the lamp set up you have there. Could you give me an idea of the price for the whole lamping system you have ?

I'm toying with either getting one like yours or the deben tracer lamp. Any thoughts ? Or does anyone else have experience of these two systems ?

Ooh also where did you get a hold of it ?

Cheers.

gb.

Interested in all of what GB just said?

Cheers PD

Thanks game boy & Pigeon decoyer.

The lamp setup I have is the Lightforce Lance 140 though I now use it with a Red filter as the bunnys are getting a bit lamp shy to the white light now.

I usually use a 7amp/hour (I think its 7amp/hour) belt battery, got the setup from Southern Counties Sportsman centre at Clay Pigeon Hill on the Yeovil to Dorchester Road, really good place for all firearms, there and Avalon Guns in Street, Somerset is ace aswell.

I have a friend who uses the Deben Tracer kit which isn't a bad kit at all, though I do prefer my set up for longer ranges i.e. over 100yds. The lamp kit when I bought it was £150 or just under with 2 batterys (one for spare) and the lamp kit with Red filter, this lasts around 1Hr30mins per battery continuos use. One battery is usually good for two nights shooting.

Can't believe how accurate these Anschutz are with Eley Subs, I'll post some pics of my 50yard groups when I get home. All the above rabbits were headshots by the way & they all dropped like puppets!