Shooting Venues (Edinburgh)

abductee

Hi Guys,

I'm visiting relatives in Edinburgh in August, does anyone know any clay shooting grounds in the area, (within say an hour of the city) preferebley south or west Edinburgh if possible.

google has thrown up ClayBusters, but wondered if any of you guys would recommend any little Gems that might not be easily found on Google

cheers

Andy

thanks for the links

spotted the braidwood cheers,

shame about morton much closer but skeet only, hmmm maybe, but I prefer sporting. clunys is across the water and might be a bit of a trek round, only been edinburgh once years ago, and I flew but remember the traffic was bad back then so will have to rely on my Cus for advice on that when we get there., but the more potentials I have on my list the better.

I also found West Edinburgh Shooting School website yesterday, waiting for an email back from them as it looks like its all tuitored shooting only, anyone know of these guys?

cluny clay is about 45 min from edinburgh mate

cool not as bad as it looks on google maps then, thanks for the info

BTW email responce from west edinburgh shooting school said:

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we do not provide untutored shooting, however, may I suggest Cluny Clays in fife www.clunyclays.co.uk.

They have an excellent shooting layout and I'm sure they would be able to accommodate your requirements.

LOL

looking forward to the weekend away now

Cluny Clays is a very good informal ground. Dead easy to find - Just off the dual carriageway. I'd say the 45 mins is the maximum time it would take from the centre of the city. Probably more like 30.

If you have your own equipment, gimme a PM closer to the time and I'll meet you up there to show you around.