lost pictures

holly

the wife as accidentally deleted all the photos of the digital camera a lot from a recent holiday does any one know of a recovery program to recover the piccys :lol:

I've done that its a real pain in the *** :yes:

(let me know if you find something :lol: )

Hi Mate

Was the pics on a removable disk, like an SD card, etc. or have you already transferred it to a PC?

Have you taken other pics, using the same disc since? Don't, if you want to stand a reasonable chance of recovering it......

I use tools like FTKImager, WinHex etc, but these have a forensic purpose so might be too big a hammer for the nail you want to drive, though they are able to recover a lot.

I've seen people mention other tools on here, but for the life of me can't find the postings, and I remember at the time that I had not heard of these tools so couldn't make a value call.

Neels

Hi KW

Seems like a good tool - just running it against an old and empty image disk - I am keen to see what it recovers :lol:

Holly - From a process perspective though it is probably best to make an image of the offending disk first - that means that you then only work on a copy of the disk, not the real one. In that way you prevent damage to your primary "evidence".

That said, I am probably being overly pedantic

Best of luck

Neels

Oh, just finished the scan with ZAR- recovered 2 out of 3 images, so not too bad at all