New Larsen trap

JohnGalway

Yep heavy duty 2" mesh. It breaks down into 5 sections so it can easily be moved thats the reason we used the timber support.

Takes about 10mins to setup which is handy. Looking forward to deer season as I reckon bit of cold weather and deer bones will make it very attractive.

Edited by EoinGalway

• 4 weeks later...

John,

You're doing a great job there, (I caught 63 maggies in my own back garden one year from April to July), one small point of constructive criticism, the mesh you use for the floor should be much smaller gauge than the mesh you use for the walls / roof, I'm told by "experts" at the Game Conservancy that too wider mesh can damage the call birds feet over a period of time.

Keep up the good work, :hmm:

Cat.

Very tidy trap John, we made some for a shoot a few years ago using steel rod covered with wire mesh. One of the main advantages of steel Larsens in my opinion is that from a distance they are less visible than the wood framed ones. So less interference by dogooders. Incidently these traps took 50 and 51 carrion crows two years running.

Blackpowder

nice looking trap john did you get around to making that grey crow trap that my brother and i made? that trap has caught us 83 greys and 14 magpies since paddys day. mark was saying you wer looking for dimensions. i gave him them to give to you be cause i wasnt used to using this fourm just getting the hang of it now i tink i still have them dimensions and i definately have pictures here if you want them keep up the good work trapping. :good:

i must try and modify my ladder trap to work better i had the samre problem of birds getting out so i think il give the measurements that eoin is using and see how i get on. :blush: