Zeiss Victory 8 x 56 Binoculars

I have been offered an ex demo pair of these Bins, which are apparently as new, for £650.

Does anyone have any experience of the Zeiss Victory 8x56- particularly in low light conditions. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and buy them - unless anyone knows where I can get something better for stalking for the same price. :rolleyes:

There is an issue between Zeiss produced in the old East Germany and the West German factory, but I can't remember the details of which is supposed to be the best product or value.

I don't reckon you will find similar size new Swarovski as low-priced as that!

zeiss are amazing optics, i would say deff on par with the swaro's, the eye relief is a bit fussy with them which being a blind *** is a problem for me, but shouldnt be a problem for anyone else

they are gd bino's probably worth the money if they are as new condition

Gralloch

My only reservation would be the weight. I once briefly had a pair of the 8x56 Swarovski but didn't like them because they were so heavy. I couldn't fault them optically and the low light performance was superb. The Zeiss 8x56 weighs 2.5 lbs. My advice would be to go for a lighter pair. Remember that low light capability is fine but if you are using them for shooting it is very frustrating to be able to see your target through the binoculars yet not through the scope on your rifle. £650 is a lot of money if you are not sure!

Regards

P

Bargain at 300 quid or so less than normal price.

Carl Zeiss optics are amongst the best and the prism system of the Victory produces a very true and clear image some say probably better than the Swars but at least on a par.

Although I have not had the pleasure of trying the Victory range the Conquest models of that magnification and Ojective lense size are superb at low light levels and ive no reason to believe that the Victory wouldnt be the same. The 8 x magnification is probably the best all round power for general use also.

If I were looking for another pair to add to my collection I would bite the guys hand off. :rolleyes:

FM