Is everybody on the stubble??

Picked up DB at 11.00 and set out in anticipation of a good day. After 90 miles and eight other shooters on some of our stubbles we found a field that had few pigeon on it but covered as you would expect. it was now 14.00 and DB had got to be back for a family party at 17.30. so we set up and shot for two hours and ended up with 107. This was thanks to another shooter down wind of us who kept sending us a constant stream of spooked birds which gave us some fantastic moving shots. The dog was not impressed as he was running around all over the field picking up

shootingpigeonsaug20092009003.jpg

Picked DB up at 9.00 and set out to a rape stubble field that the farmer had rung us about saying that it had a good covering of birds and would give us a good days sport. When we got to the field it had a contracter cleaning out the ditches and making a hel of a noise shaking his bucket, so we left.

We drove to a field that we had seen birds crossing the river to when we drove home the day before. this was an old barley stubble and had a few birds down. We set up with a fresh wind of our backs but had to make a lid for the hide due to the strong hot sun. We had some high trees directly infront of us on the edge of the field and the birds were coming in high then dropping for the decoys. As we had limited freezer room we joked that we would have to stop at two hundred. As the day went on we realised that this could have been a mega day as we stopped shooting at 14.30 as we estimated that we had enough for the freezer, we ended up with 223.

I now nead the game dealer to call this week to allow us out to play next week.

Good shooting

Pigeon Controller

shootingpigeonsaug20092009005.jpg

i wish is was on the stubble i am still waiting for my land to be harvested i have wheat on one which should be done soon and what look like soya beans on another with the soya it may be a long wait but i hope its worth it worst part is i am gagging to get out with the 22lr and 17hmr and hit the bunnys and crows but cant

good shooting and good pics too