Legal advice.

Bombadil

I got my exam results recently and did better then expected. I didn't plan to go to university at all, but now that i have the opportunity i would quite like to. However, i'm not sure if i could go and keep my shotgun certificate.

What i would like to do is keep the gun at a friends (i know it is a maximum of 3 months) while my dad gets his SGC (he has wanted one for a while but has yet to get around to do it). Then once he has it i can give him the shotgun and use it when i am back. Would this be possible.

I would not be living at the house where the gun cabinet is for 3 months, but there would be no guns stored there and the police would know that as i would inform them.

I really hope i can, because it would be a horrible shame to have to choose between education and my favourite sport.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

you need to transfer the gun on to your friends ticket as if it was his gun,then he can transfer it to your fathers ticket when he gets one.aslong as you can trust your friend your fine. :oops:

or just ring your local cop shop and ask the best way around this situation,maybe you can leave guns where they are aslong as their locked up and you have key,might be no problem.

Edited by codling99

If the gun is at your primary residential address ( ie the one on your SGC), just leaving it locked up there while you have the keys should be all thats required. The fact you will be away for stretches of time at uni does not alter your ability to store where they are, it would only be an issue if you primary residential address changed, the guns and cabs would need to move with you, or other arrangements made. If your dad does get an SGC for his address, have the gun on both tickets so you can both access it. A gun listed on your cert is a gun you are entitled to access and be in possession of, its not a statement of ownership of the gun.