decoys

col48

Hi all

I'm in the market for some new decoys. at the moment i have half Shell and i would like to stick to this type as they are easy to pack up and don't take up much room. they are still in good condition. but i have been playing with the idea of getting some flock coated ones.

so to my questions

What are the best type to buy,and y are they

where is the best place to get them.

and what else is good to use. IE are the peckers and so on any good.

I'm up for trying some new stuff but don't want to wast my cash

ATB

Colin :blink:

Colin - A flapper and magnet are pretty hard to beat in the field and also some bouncers

When a Magnet does not work ( like at the moment - they have seen them too many times over the summer), a flapper normally will ( great for crows too!!) and i think using bouncers is a must in most decoy patterns :blink:

I have found a Magnet works best when crops are still standing

I have seen the electric pecker decoys and am not at all impressed, electric or manual flappers work much better IMO.

If you want some more movement in your layout, invest in some floaters/bouncers, you can make your own dead bird floaters quite easily.

I also have the sillosocks jackets on some of my old shells and they are excellent, much better than spending the money on flocked shells.

Hi

i have a bouncer and i believe its called a Angel (a pigeon coming in to land ) i all so use a magnet. but i don't have speed control on it will this help ?

what are the sillosocks i keep reading about? and where can i get them from ? is there a link to a shop and a link to youtube or something to give me a bit more info.

thanks for the replies lads and keep them coming. it looks like i have all ready saved some cash with just 1 post.

ATB

Colin :blink:

Hi

i have a bouncer and i believe its called a Angel (a pigeon coming in to land ) i all so use a magnet. but i don't have speed control on it will this help ?

what are the sillosocks i keep reading about? and where can i get them from ? is there a link to a shop and a link to youtube or something to give me a bit more info.

thanks for the replies lads and keep them coming. it looks like i have all ready saved some cash with just 1 post.

ATB

Colin :stupid:

Have a look here col48, youll see everything you need and videos of the sillosocks in action

http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/