hare problems

karl w

Evilv,

If you do get back into it, go for the CZ range of .22 lr, as these are deadly accurate and great value for money as far as im concerned.

They are tough as well.

The best of luck :o .

Edited by Frank

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CZ 452 is pretty cheap - cheaper than my TX200 was... Funny that, of course they're simpler than air rifles really. Nice looking too, very traditional and the stock looks ambidextrous - important for me as I'm left eyed.

I used to have a ruger 10/22 semi auto and a .22WMR underlever winchester - that was a real little cutie... Flat as a pancake for a hundred yards, but it blew the rabbits up like they'd been hit by a tank (well, almost - but they were inedible if body shot, unless straight through the ribs side to side, but that whole section was useless. That round has about 130 ft pounds at 100 yards. We used to shoot beercans full of water with it at 100 yards once we'd wiped out the rabbits. They went off like bombs - honest - just blew up in a big spray of water like they'd exploded, which of course they had. Happy days.

Edited by Evilv

We have an abundance of hares locally, we went out last week (.22 rim) and shot 8 in an hour, and saw at least another 20.

they are bound for the game pie at the pub.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOOT EM , DON'T SHOOT EM BETWEEN END OF FEB TILL MID SEPT !

all the best yis yp :o

Edited by Yorkshire Pudding