cleveland shot gun certificate

big.al.

Hi big.al

Not from your neck of the woods, but got my SGC a month ago, I am sure others will chip in with advice and tips, all I can say is -

Be totally honest when filling out your grant for SGC, list all convictions, however insignificant, like speeding, however long ago

Check your house security,window locks/patio door locks/ladders in garden, your FAO will advise you if he is not happy with any of your house security, but a bit of prep if worth while.

Have a few lessons at your local clay shoot.

You can wait for a visit from your FAO before you fit a gun cabinet ( I already had one fitted for the Air Rifles ) but you can fit one before your visit, saves your FAO coming back to ok it, if your are not sure where to put it, you'll get loads of advice from PW members.

Just be yourself when the FAO visits

Offer him/her a cup of tea...!!!

As long as your are not a nutter, or have a dodgy past, and can show good reason to own a shotgun, should be no probs.

Mine took about 8 weeks from posting app to receiving my SGC.

Tony

Hi Big Al

I'm in the same boat as you..I have just fitted my cabinet, I did ring the FAO to check 1st where they wanted the cabinet fitted....

and made sure i used 10 raw bolts....

I'm just waiting for the visit now

I'm off to a clay shoot sunday , nice and local...so hope to join the club

good luck with everything

john

10mm bolts are big..but that cabinet aint going anywhere :lol: better safe than sorry..no pun intended :no:

I'm off to a clay shooting club tomorrow...a couple of the members here have been fantastic and I'm really grateful for thier help in getting me on the right track....

nothing worse than joining a new sport and knowing nowt or no-one .... so as you can guess..I'm chuffed to bits :lol::lol:

john

ps keep in touch big al..let us know how you get on

I'm a member of Thimbleby myself.

It's a nice friendly club with some good layouts and the two Daves can't do enough for you :hmm:

Our lass is also a member there and my two young uns have had a go (10 & 7) with the club 410 under the watchful eye of one of the Daves

The 10 yr old usually comes and buttons for me so we might see you there sometime :lol:

Mark