A couple of woodys with the 20g

chrispti

Popped out for a couple of hours this evening for a spot of decoying. Put the rotary out and 10 shell decoys.

There were plenty of pigeons about but none of them decoyed at all :lol: a few slowed down for a look at the decoy pattern and none of them flinched away, they just didn't want to know :good:

Funny old game this pigeon shooting :lol:

Managed to get a few of the ''window shoppers'' though :yes: Still very impressed with the Hushpower 20g O/U and the 30g 5 subsonic cartridges which killed some good high /fast birds :lol:

post-11306-1252872371.jpg

I bought one a few months ago but I'm still learning to shoot it. They are a bit different.

As for the noise, the last time out I was shooting 200yds away from a cottage. When I packed up I took the couple there a brace and they said they did not realise I was shooting at all. I also had a bunch of crows land in the same field and they didn't react to any shots either. The noise it makes is a zinging one and as with a .22LR you can hear the thwack when you hit the bird.

Its thanks to Chrispti that I managed to get some carts for it, he was more than helpful (thanks mate!)

You can now buy Gamebore 30grm 5's from Just Cartridges. He got them in after I told him where he could get them. Not a bad price either.

GH

I bought one a few months ago but I'm still learning to shoot it. They are a bit different.

As for the noise, the last time out I was shooting 200yds away from a cottage. When I packed up I took the couple there a brace and they said they did not realise I was shooting at all. I also had a bunch of crows land in the same field and they didn't react to any shots either. The noise it makes is a zinging one and as with a .22LR you can hear the thwack when you hit the bird.

Its thanks to Chrispti that I managed to get some carts for it, he was more than helpful (thanks mate!)

You can now buy Gamebore 30grm 5's from Just Cartridges. He got them in after I told him where he could get them. Not a bad price either.

GH

No worries mate :hmm:

Is it the subsonic (hushpower) 30grm 5's just cartridges are now selling mate? If so do you know how much for 1000 B)

Magnetandsteel,

Which 410 do you have mate?

Id say it's not far off the mossy 410 pump using 3" cartridges................... still very quiet :hmm:

As GH said, you can hear the shot when it hits the birds, and the 30grm 5's subsonic loads do kill VERY well :lol:

They would be a good cartridge for a young beginner to use also :lol:

No worries mate :hmm:

Is it the subsonic (hushpower) 30grm 5's just cartridges are now selling mate? If so do you know how much for 1000 :hmm:

Yes, the subs from Just carts. not 100% sure but £230 + delivery(ish). I'll have the exact price in an email somewhere. I PM you with it.

I got 500 for £134 delivered.

GH

Magnetandsteel,

Which 410 do you have mate?

Id say it's not far off the mossy 410 pump using 3" cartridges................... still very quiet

As GH said, you can hear the shot when it hits the birds, and the 30grm 5's subsonic loads do kill VERY well

They would be a good cartridge for a young beginner to use also

Chris it's a single barrel Baikal, I like it so much that's why I was wondering about a bigger bore , it's as quiet as a mouse ****. Only job is now persuading err I mean telling the wife I'm getting one.

Dai :good:

Yes, the subs from Just carts. not 100% sure but £230 + delivery(ish). I'll have the exact price in an email somewhere. I PM you with it.

I got 500 for £134 delivered.

GH

Thats what I pay from the local gun shop :good:

Chris it's a single barrel Baikal, I like it so much that's why I was wondering about a bigger bore , it's as quiet as a mouse ****. Only job is now persuading err I mean telling the wife I'm getting one.

Dai :lol:

I had the single barrel Baikal also. The 20 using the subs is a bit louder, but still doesnt sound like a shotgun :cry1: