what would you have done

dando44

i had a problem some years back,i,m a greenkeeper by trade and was out spraying this particular day,a thursday ladies day.always good for some constructive advice.i had a delegation from the womans commitee come on to the course to remenstrate the fact that i had just single handedly wiped out all the bird life on the course.it seems a four ball had finished there round and one of them tells the womans captain that she had not heard any bird song during her round and logicaly thinks he,s spraying so he,s killed all the bird life on the course.she knows i.m spraying poison because she can tell by the smell of of what i,m spraying.she,s a member of the rspb and spends a lot of time in the country sidei so she knows all about these things. i am told my actions will be reported to the greens commitee and will probebley result in my sacking.my greens chairman is informed and i am requested to write a report to the commitees involved,in plain english so the ladies will understand what i was doing.the product i was using is called farmura,it,s basically liquidised cow sh.t,filltered so it can be sprayed.it,s a soil conditioner.a bit wiffy but totally harmless.a report was written as requested in plain english but i believe it was not submitted to the ladies commitee as the words cow sh.te and thick as pig sh.t might have offended there delicate sencebilities

i have got to back you up, as a newbie --or

may be a freind or relative of the farmer/landowner whose land you are shooting on

if you go in all guns blazing (pun) :good: and mouth off it may be the worlds quickest way of loosing the permmision youre on, i am still always polite to who-ever i speak to, :hmm::lol: THEN speak to the farmer and tell him what has happened, and descreibe the person-- he may laugh it off or he may say--thats my brother/dad/ sister etc !!

being polite will ALWAYS pay dividens in the end :good:

shaun

Me? Well, I'd have shot the wabbit and having retrieved it; got naked at the speed of a thousand gazels. Then, after covered myself in bunny blood and having shoved its tail between my butt cheeks, I'd have got a paw in each hand and than have run at her, while screaming "I AM THE SPIRIT OF THE WOODS, BE MY ETERNAL BUTTERCUP!"

Well, you asked....

Hope this helps?

i have decided to take leftys advice ha ha made me laugh that

he is not looking for advice on a situation that you have already encountered just teling evrery one what happened

"give me advice if somthing like this happened again"

What im trying to say is, you've just handled the situation perfectly fine by using common sense

1.You didnt kick off.

2.You made yourself not look like a threat.

If you encounter the same situation you shouldnt need advice, just use common sense.

Edited by KillerChef92

all do gooders buy all the big houses and fancy cars in the country but have not got a clue how to respect it :good:

My jealousy detector is going of the chart :blink:

No, but I agree, plenty of friends at my old boarding school who had no understanding how the countryside worked, even though they had 500 acre estates :lol:

im new to shooting with air rifle and got lucky on gaining some permmission near me

thought i was going to get kicked off after the event below but,

BUT HOW WRONG WAS I :look: sorry for bad grammer not my strongest subject

i was shooting rabbits on my new permission on tuesday morning and i was lay down ready to take a shot at a big fat bunny, it had lunch written all over it, suddenly i heard an "OI OI YOU i looked round and about 50 yards behind me was a women flapping about ummmm :huh: my first thought was she needed my help so i place my gun in my bag and walked over and said are you ok (she replied) "NO WHY ARE YOU AIMING THAT GUN AT THE RABBITS" :good: (I relied that "i am helping the farmer out by getting rid of vermin for him, i have full rights to be here and that you are on private property so please leave" suddenly she started shouting and screaming you b***** "how would you like it if i shot you" by now i was slowly losing my will to listen to her any more so asked her to move on again and again eventualy she did about 2 hours later i get a call from the farmer "ive just had a call from a local mrs f and she said you had been shooting wild life ? as the farmer was talking he was chuckling and said if you see her again on my property to phone him and he will come down and personally tell her to PI** OFF and tell her if he see her again on his property again he will phone the police

all do gooders buy all the big houses and fancy cars in the country but have not got a clue how to respect it :rolleyes:

what would you have done :P

just as you did mate :good:

she shouted at me angryly, "FISH FEEL PAIN!"

Had to laugh at that one, :rolleyes:

I get loads of quadbikers passing through one of my permisions - I just slip the gun and stay in the hide, they never even see me :good:

Some dog walker hoped a fence saying private on another today, they saw me holding a woody and swiftly went in the other direction :look:

Toby :good:

yeah alot of us have probably had it. :hmm: had a woman ask me what im doing with the rabbits so i told her dog meat and she said "why not buy meat from the shop for the dog so the animals havnt got to go through pain" :D

I love that one... we have all probably heard that or a version of it and always amazes me that the lefty tree hugging veggie saying it, doesn't catch them self half way through and think "Oh, hang on..."

Had a slightly different situation on my permission as they also have a pheasant shoot, which the farmer lets a group of guys arrange (he just provides the land, they put up the pens and look after the birds etc)

I'm on friendly terms with the guys that look after the pheasants but got asked the other day if I would stop shooting until after the shoot (Early Jan) so as not to upset the birds. Difficult situation as like I say I do get on with them but don't want to lose my permission for the next few months. They had also tried to tell the farmer that all the rabbits had mixy so they would just die off in a month or so.

Luckily the farmer isn't as green as his veg and certainly the rabbits I have had off there have been full of health (and taste delicious). I can well understand that the only rabbits they see while stomping about with feed buckets are probably mixy'd but there is a lot that aren't.

In the end, the farmer went with his pocket (now there's a surprise), the rabbits damage his crops, my shooting over there is either stalking (where I'm treading lightly and making as little noise as possible) or lamping (when the pheasants are "a bed" -as we say in Norfolk), so little or no disturbance to the soon to be damned.

im new to shooting with air rifle and got lucky on gaining some permmission near me

thought i was going to get kicked off after the event below but,

BUT HOW WRONG WAS I :lol:sorry for bad grammer not my strongest subject

i was shooting rabbits on my new permission on tuesday morning and i was lay down ready to take a shot at a big fat bunny, it had lunch written all over it, suddenly i heard an "OI OI YOU i looked round and about 50 yards behind me was a women flapping about ummmm :D my first thought was she needed my help so i place my gun in my bag and walked over and said are you ok (she replied) "NO WHY ARE YOU AIMING THAT GUN AT THE RABBITS" :unsure: (I relied that "i am helping the farmer out by getting rid of vermin for him, i have full rights to be here and that you are on private property so please leave" suddenly she started shouting and screaming you b***** "how would you like it if i shot you" by now i was slowly losing my will to listen to her any more so asked her to move on again and again eventualy she did about 2 hours later i get a call from the farmer "ive just had a call from a local mrs f and she said you had been shooting wild life ? as the farmer was talking he was chuckling and said if you see her again on my property to phone him and he will come down and personally tell her to PI** OFF and tell her if he see her again on his property again he will phone the police

all do gooders buy all the big houses and fancy cars in the country but have not got a clue how to respect it :hmm:

what would you have done :hmm:

I would have shouted at her in an American army sergeants voice " GET DOWN ON THE GROUND, SPREAD EM, HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK NOW!!!!!" frisked her for weapons then sent her to Guantanamo bay for a holiday. Just kidding, you did the right thing. keep your cool and ask them nicely to leave. Failing that walk away and sort it with the farmer later. Never under any circumstances mouth off, don't know who she is related to (could have been the farmers demented sister/auntie etc)

Once the person feels intimdated or gets a reaction from a hunter they will dramatise the whole encounter later to the police just to be believed (probably throw in a few tears as well)