Northern Ireland SUNDAY Shooting Regulations??????

mayfly36

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its interesting to see that we have had shooters from both sides of the community give a YES vote, and a few against, so if this is supposed to be a religious issue regarding the sabbath, i cant see where the problem is, you could possibly see a result if the vote went to the wider audience off the Shooting community in Northern Ireland and to all the Represented Shooting Organizations, shooters, beaters, game estates, trainers etc etc etc. It would most certainly point to an agreement to shoot on Sunday. albeit HERE it shows around a 2/1 result FOR so far, so the Sabbath doesn't seem to be the barrier at all. Now i don't know the religion off the members who voted here, whether they're Catholic, free Presbyterians, church of England, church of Ireland or whatever, but both sided have definitely expressed their belief that the Sunday shooting "BAN" for other vermin species and wildfowl should NOT be thrust down our throats, and told to lay down and take it, we've all been taking it, "ALL SIDES", for far too long now, From "THE NORTHERN IRELAND SO CALLED GOVERNMENT AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS." Maybe its US that hasn't have the b***s anymore, but i can feel mine, can you feel yours. No smart remarks. rolleyes.gif

No -one wants to upset the status quo but I will.... here goes

I think they could have learnt a fourth chord :lol: Ok I 'll get my coat.

Unless there is a lot of lobbying done at ground level this situation wont change. I was talking to a friend at the weekend who is a keen shooter, dog trials, driven days etc and was having a conversation regarding this. He informed me that there are ongoing lobbying and testing of the waters regarding this. He give me the name of the guy involved who would be a well known name here in N.I when it comes to dealing with the press etc with all things shooting related. So with a bit more lobbying who knows.