removing a hushpower mod

stubby

When I first got mine it was well stuck on. To get a grip without marking the silencer I first tightened on a jubilee clip over a strip of rubber inner tube (at muzzle end where alloy cap threads support tube) then clamped in vice,a little heat from a hot air gun at attachment thread & a good twist finally moved it.

When I first got mine it was well stuck on. To get a grip without marking the silencer I first tightened on a jubilee clip over a strip of rubber inner tube (at muzzle end where alloy cap threads support tube) then clamped in vice,a little heat from a hot air gun at attachment thread & a good twist finally moved it.

cheers drut, that sounds a good idea :good:

• 2 months later...

Can't get my 410 pedretti moderator more than half way off. The Hushpower guide says "DO NOT use excessive force when sliding the moderator tube over the front bush, and if there is a lot of resistance, remove some of the deposits from inside the tube before cleaning."

I have tried getting in there with wood dowel, but am not dislodging anything much.

Any other owners found this problem?

Adrian

Can't get my 410 pedretti moderator more than half way off. The Hushpower guide says "DO NOT use excessive force when sliding the moderator tube over the front bush, and if there is a lot of resistance, remove some of the deposits from inside the tube before cleaning."

I have tried getting in there with wood dowel, but am not dislodging anything much.

Any other owners found this problem?

Adrian

On the 12g I have found it hard to fully remove if left for too many shots:the alloy disc/bush at the barrel end effectively is scraping the **** off the cylinder as you pull it off & being about 10mm wide (on mine IIRC) jams if you don't keep barrel & silencer cylinder in line. For me spraying in WD40 & working/twisting too & fro always has worked with a little patience.Good luck!