Winchester SX3, Beretta A300 Outlander or other (please specify).

DeepThought

iv got a maxus sat in my cabinet doing nowt, if you want to come and have a go with it, see what you think of em before you buy anything, then give me a shout :good:

Thanks for the offer, Sadly the Maxus is a little out of my price range, and I don't dare try a gun I can't afford in case I like it too much.

Shame though, for my money that Premium model is possibly the best looking semi auto I've seen. Maybe if I'd paid more attention at school I could have afforded one.

b8rmjWm.png

Edited by DeepThought

Thanks for the offer, Sadly the Maxus is a little out of my price range, and I don't dare try a gun I can't afford in case I like it too much.

Shame though, for my money that Premium model is possibly the best looking semi auto I've seen. Maybe if I'd paid more attention at school I could have afforded one.

b8rmjWm.png

no probs bud :good:

i looked at the premium model too, but for me, dragging it around a field and the occ day having a go at some clays, the compo seemed to make more sense :)

Hi

Only one I've had is the sx3 liked it a lot no problems at all cycled every thing including paper cases and I seriously tried to confuse it mixed light and heavy loads short and long shells just to see if it did what it said on the box

It did

only sold it to make room for another over and under

Downside picking up the empties

As others have said try a few and pick the one you like

All the best

Of

Many thanks to hawkfranz for your input. I am still undecided on the 12 or 20g but definite that it will be an Armsan on this occasion. Probably shooting mostly clays. I'm sure I heard that the chokes for an Armsan are around £10 each in a review by some guy in one of the gun magazines not all that long ago.

Most people could not tell the difference between a SX3 and an Armsan anyway - don't let it bother you.

I had a Armsan 612 Sporter, really nice gun. Very much like the SX3 in looks. How did you get on with the higher rib? The sporter model has parallel rib (like a trap gun), which I didn't think would affect me much, but 2 rounds of 100 clays I didn't get over 50! I borrowed a friends standard 612 and hit a 66 straight out of the box. The standard model has the usual diminishing rib, which obviously suits me better.

I had a Armsan 612 Sporter, really nice gun. Very much like the SX3 in looks. How did you get on with the higher rib? The sporter model has parallel rib (like a trap gun), which I didn't think would affect me much, but 2 rounds of 100 clays I didn't get over 50! I borrowed a friends standard 612 and hit a 66 straight out of the box. The standard model has the usual diminishing rib, which obviously suits me better.

I had a 20mm raised rib on mine and an adjustable stock so I can't comment. I never really noticed any difference with the Armsan I had a pop with.

I did drop the bolt and trigger out of it to take a look. It was all machined and polished very well. WInchester finish for Hatsan money.

Since this thread is beginning to go round in circles with everyone championing one gun, before the next gun is suggested and everyone says how good they are....

Here's a suggestion for the OP.

Buy whatever is local to you, and within your price range, use it for a bit, and if you can't get on with it longer term just swap it for something else.

Guns seem to hold their value pound for pound better than most modern purchases, so you'll never lose a lot when you move it on. This is another reason to buy clean second hand guns, as the first owner takes the main hit (VAT) and you will only lose money as the condition deteriorates. Very slowly unless you're always shooting it.

The danger is with the Internet, there's such a vast sea of resources for researching a proposed purchase, one gets absorbed in the process to a degree where they become totally bamboozled by all the conflicting advice. Nothing focuses the mind more than shouldering a gun in a gun shop where you will instantly know if it's a 'wow, must have this!) or a 'hmm, nah'.

I can't really add any more to the debate, but will watch with interest to see what he buys.

My money is on the SX3, as this has been pushed harder than the other options throughout the forum. I have given my tuppence worth, and for me it's a used M2 > all comers. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice however!