One Week With The New Boy

PhilR

Well it's been almost a week in the Milo household. He's given us a couple of sleepless nights grizzling because he took time to settle into his new home. He's ok now though and has been left home alone for a few hours too without drama.
He doesn't beg food from the table, you just get the baleful labrador look. He travels well in both vehicles but gets grizzly if left, I expect he'll get used to it the same as he did sleeping.
He's been round the shoot with me, doesn't like the cows in the barns and isn't bothered by the sheep which is fortunate.
We've done some training sitting and staying, walking to heel, recall to whistle and using a dummy for steadiness and retrieves.
All in all Mary and I are very happy dog owners and I think he's happy too, he won't want for love, kindness or money being spent on him.

post-14358-0-48559700-1419097979_thumb.jpg

He looks a belter mate, has he got a bit of fox red/ cheapasake in him,

He's a good looker, looks healthy and strong

Atb

Flynny

Thank you, he's fox red and pure pedigree (23 FTCH) with Drakeshead and Craighorn lines in him. Needs a bit of slimming down but diet and exercise will do that and that goes for me too.

We met up with my pals and their dogs at the clay shoot today.

Had a wander around the car park and a footpath that runs behind the ranges about 20m away and separated by elephant grass, Milo was totally unperturbed by the shooting so we ventured closer and he was still fine so that's another tick in the box.

He was fussed over by everyone and he forgot all his sit and stay training. Afterwards we went to the farm for a good run and his memory came back and he did well with whistle recall, sitting and staying and walking to heel.

He's had an action packed week and is now gently snoring under our feet.

We're totally shattered and wonder what next week will hold for us.