Falcon spares?

aga man

I used to go directly to falcon as they aren't far from me but I believe they have stopped producing new rifles and their website is no longer operating. You may still be able to get spares from NSP engineering, who made falcon and still make air arms rifles, and there are o ring kits and various small parts/detwangers on eBay.

I've got a single shot and a raptor, both in .177, and they are super accurate and very consistent.

They come in 2 types, fn12 and fn19 (12" and 19" air tube respecively) the 19 will give around 40 full power shots but you'll get fewer from the 12. Standard is beech stocked but there were walnut thumbhole and light hunter stocks. The raptor has 2 types of magazine, plastic and alloy, the plastic one is rubbish, prone to ware and difficult to load, the alloy one is excellent. Both like to be filled to 170 bar max. The bolt isn't as smooth as more modern rifles but it functions well enough and they are very easy to strip and service.

Not sure what else to say other than enjoy!

Well went along for a look and ended up buying the gun. it does have the plastic magazine unfortunately but the overall condition of the gun is better than i was expecting.

i put my chrombo on the end and fired a few shots and it seems to be consistent around 11.4 ft lbs. :)

The gun does have a slight issue though and occasionally has difficulty cocking. i have already had a quick look and there seems to be some mashed up pellet fouling the hammer block so hopefully a quick fix when i work out how to remove the spring and hammer block etc.

The gun cost just a mere £140 and should be a good rifle.

post-57269-0-12147400-1422638820_thumb.jpg

FalconFN you forgot to give him a bit of very good info that you gave me. :good: Take a look at the Falcon forum: http://falconowners.myfastforum.org :yes: i put a picture of mine on there and they told me what model/year etc and how you could tell!!

They normally sell for around £250-£300 so i think you got a deal there!

Well went along for a look and ended up buying the gun. it does have the plastic magazine unfortunately but the overall condition of the gun is better than i was expecting.

i put my chrombo on the end and fired a few shots and it seems to be consistent around 11.4 ft lbs. :)

The gun does have a slight issue though and occasionally has difficulty cocking. i have already had a quick look and there seems to be some mashed up pellet fouling the hammer block so hopefully a quick fix when i work out how to remove the spring and hammer block etc.

The gun cost just a mere £140 and should be a good rifle.

There are a few videos on youtube showing you how to disassemble and re-assemble the Fn12's

Bargain! When I got my raptor I found half a dozen mashed pellets in the trigger and cocking assembly, I think the plastic mags are to blame.

And yes, as silver pigeon69 said, check out the falcon owners forum and YouTube for info (John knibbs did a full service video I think).

Is there a very noticeable resonating twang when firing? If so you can fit a detwanger to totally remove it, if not then its been done already. :good:

Thanks guys, i have registered with the falcon forum you have mentioned but still waiting to be accepted.

In the mean time i have stripped the rifle and sussed it out as i have gone along. As FalconFN says they are a simply put together Rifle.

The rifle seems to be cocking fine now but man these plastic magazines are terrible. I got two with the gun and they are both pretty poor despite lubrication etc. I thought air arms mags were bad but these are awful and there is no doubt that's where the pellet shavings have come from. I will look out for an metal one.

Nice rifle silver pigeon69 .177 or .22?

Ps FalcoNFN yes the 'twang' is there! The internals of the gun look pretty much untouched, unusal on pre anti tamper!

Thanks guys, i have registered with the falcon forum you have mentioned but still waiting to be accepted.

In the mean time i have stripped the rifle and sussed it out as i have gone along. As FalconFN says they are a simply put together Rifle.

The rifle seems to be cocking fine now but man these plastic magazines are terrible. I got two with the gun and they are both pretty poor despite lubrication etc. I thought air arms mags were bad but these are awful and there is no doubt that's where the pellet shavings have come from. I will look out for an metal one.

Nice rifle silver pigeon69 .177 or .22?

Ps FalcoNFN yes the 'twang' is there! The internals of the gun look pretty much untouched, unusal on pre anti tamper!

Mine is a .22

I love it! its so light (feels like you should have one in each hand! lol) and its so accurate! when i put the telescopic sight on and zero'ed it in, i was a bit stumped until i realised the shots were going through the same hole!